JCRR Track Photo on Ebay

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
They have got to be the least imaginative photos of the JC tracks I have ever seen.
I wouldn't bid -$0.02 for both.
All you gotta do is jump out of your truck on Chew Road or any other crossing and you can take the same pictures.
At least they could have captured some trestles or some photogenic stream crossings.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I would love to sell them, but it seems that Pine Barrens photography doesn't really sell all that well.

My Asbury Park stuff did ok, and that's simply because I mentioned Bruce Springstein in my auctions. There's a guy at Collingswood (Farmingdale, NJ) Auction that has an entire booth devoted to selling Asbury Park photography.

Edit: Hopefully soon my photography will be getting better. I finally got around to getting the adapter tube for my camera, allowing me to use 55mm filters. So now I can cut out a lot of glare and such with my filters.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
JerseyJim said:
that looks like a section of track in Whiting that I used to walk along once upon a time

Interesting. If there's a market for these types of photos, I'll gladly sell my collection. These tracks look like they could be anywhere on the CNJ in the Pine Barrens. I have explored about half of the Southern Division from Lakehurst to Winslow Junction and all of my pictures look identical with a few exceptions here and there.

Ken

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bruset said:
Long time no see.

Unfortunately, being so far from the Pines, I can't get down there as often as I would have like to. Therefore, I really don't have the opportunity to explore or even contribute to the forum with the exception of the CNJ.

I've been exploring my county as well as being more involved with trains and their historical societies. While the Pines are my favorite place, I'm enjoying learning about the history of Sussex County and the trains that once traversed this part of the area.

Hopefully, I will get to spend more time int he Pines during the spring and summer.

The CNJ group will be exploring the Southern Division of the Blue Comet from Winslow Jct to Bridgeton ths spring. If anyone here is interested in joining, just let me know and I will provide the time and exact location.

Take care.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
Stu said:
Still no bids yet....only 7 hours to go.

I doubt anyone would by them unless they're from out of state and a big CNJ fan. However, my last bid on eBay didn't show any bidders until the final hours.

The book "The Lackawanna in Northwest New Jersey" started with a bid of $10 and didn't get a bid until the fifth hour. After that, the bid was up to $50 and I got it for $55 but was hoping to get it at $10. I guess a lot of people just sit tight before going into action.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I can almost guarantee that it will end with no bids. There was a guy who had a pretty nice picture of the Pines covered in snow and he wasn't able to sell many of his photos on ebay.

Unless you have a name in photography, it's almost impossible to sell your work. It's the "van Gogh" syndrome as I call it. You can have all of the talent in the world, but until you have a name (or you're dead and have a name) your work is virtually worthless.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They probably wondered how they did not get any bids when there were 50 hits each :)

Guy