Jeep Jamboree 2016 – WOW! IT IS FINALLY COMING!!!!!

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I think most of you are letting your speculations run rampart. I have NO affiliation with this group nor do I even own a 4wd.
Let me give a brief run down of what enduro's have to go through. A proposed route drawn on topo maps in triplicate along with a gps route has to be submitted to the Superintendent, Pinelands and DEP in excess of 90 days prior to the event. Along with permission slips for any private property used. 2 park police officers must be hired to supervise the route and event. Also one of the participants NOT affiliated with the club is to carry a gps to mark the route which is turned over to DEP. Rob A also physically inspects major parts of the route BEFORE and AFTER the event. Any deviation or other infraction found results in repercussions. Copies of insurance must also be provided. All 3 agencies have to agree before permits are issued. Many times one or more find issue with the route and demand a change which has to be made then approved.

I would think this outfit must abide with the same conditions. If not I would like to know about it because I'll start a stink of why one motorized group must jump though hoops while another doesn't. In fact there is a horse enduro in Wharton that has to go through a similar process I'm told. Any organized event, even a hike needs permits. Technically even the PBX hikes, but being so small they fly under the radar.

I forgot to add in addition to other expenses including the 2 park police officers in excess of $300 per man a $5 per mile evaluation fee is assessed by the DEP even for mileage that is disapproved. Rob A also assess a fee for his time and he has always made a presence on the course during the events.

Last edited: