Jeeps

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Any icing problems with the propane lines and tank feeding the grill in the cold? Winter camping brings along a few challenges, if you know what I mean.

I don't remember any, but it was not my tank. The only thing there of mine was the tent. They brought everything else.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was looking through my slides and found a few more. In this photo we happen to be in State College PA 1979. There were three of us in the front bench seat, and on our way out of Moorestown after 5 minutes of driving the muffler went. We traveled all the way to State College without one. We were staying in an old cabin on the side of a mountain that was owned by his dads friend. They owned the complete side of the mountain and there was only the place we were staying at and a trailer further away where their son lived. The sons trailer had a phone so we hiked down to it but he was not there. We decided to break in. In the process of doing that we heard a noise behind us and upon turning around he was standing there with an arrow in his bow ready to shoot one of us. It took a while before we convinced him who we were and why we were breaking in.

We called the auto place in downtown State College, and they were closing at noon. It was football time don't you know! So we headed into town and arrived about 10 minutes before closing. They were really annoyed at us because they wanted to get to the game and we were taking our time deciding on what to buy. At noon they told us to pay and we hastily made some choices. Then back to the cabin and the resulting photo was taken as we used this method to repair it. The man in the photo is not the owner, he was the third member of our group.

Nov79.jpg

Back in the 70's and early 80's there were many fox hunters and other hunters that used dog packs to hunt. You would often see signs all over the pines about lost dogs. One day this one came up to us but would not let us get anywhere near it. Within a minute of this photo it was gone.

May80.jpg

Guy

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This is an original NJDOT service jeep. If you look closely, you can just make out the State of NJ badge behind the front wheel. I found this photograph digging around the State archives. The date is around 1953. Free tows!

dotjjep.jpg

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Guy, I really liked the FJ memories you shared. I'm a sucker for learning about new things. LOL!!

I just purchased a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara on the 11th. Kinda like a semi retirement gift for myself, if you will. Heading out to Quaker Bridge Road tomorrow to get the feel of it on the sand. I have a feeling with the temps in the high 20's mid 30's, the sand is gonna feel more like pavement.

Gby - Cool pic of the service Jeep. I like the old pics!!

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Guy, I really liked the FJ memories you shared. I'm a sucker for learning about new things. LOL!!

I just purchased a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara on the 11th. Kinda like a semi retirement gift for myself, if you will. Heading out to Quaker Bridge Road tomorrow to get the feel of it on the sand. I have a feeling with the temps in the high 20's mid 30's, the sand is gonna feel more like pavement.

Gby - Cool pic of the service Jeep. I like the old pics!!
Good luck with your New Ride

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry I did not respond earlier Chris. I am glad you enjoyed my FJ memories. It was a good time in my life for sure. Good luck with your vehicle.

Guy