dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Jersey Devil on Tv Tonight 02/25/09

Jersey Devil comes to life on The History Channel

By Steve Wood Courier-Post Staff

The History Channel show MonsterQuest brings the Jersey Devil to life 9 p.m. this Wednesday.02/25/09

On the hourlong show, several New Jersey residents, including a Burlington County woman, give their take on the urban legend said to have roamed the Pine Barrens since 1735.

More than 200 sightings of the bat-like creature have been reported in the last 20 years, mostly in the wooded million-acre region.

In the summer of 2008, a strange creature bearing a resemblance to the Jersey Devil was reportedly caught on a New York beach, later rumored to be the creation of a goverment laboratory's man-made experiment or a shell-less turtle.

Its true identity remains unknown.:ghost:

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I watched the last 15 minutes....15 minutes I will never get back. It seemed like the guys doing the search in pines even thought it was a joke......the Jersey Devil is a turkey vulture, heron, or gh owl.

MartGBC

Scout
Sep 10, 2008
Glendora
I guess the next show about the Jersey Devil will probaly be on Animal Planet's Lost Tapes. These shows are the pits. I find any shows about these subjects are only watchable if you want a good laugh.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
It's on again right now.
The woods captain from Clementon Gun Club in the show, is a good very friend of mine. We went to college together at Rutgers, Cook College.
He is a good guy and has a BS in wildlife management from Cook.
I know a lot of the guys from the club and they really had a lot of fun with this.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Scott,
When this was last on "John B", my dad's friend whom I know you know well was telling us about it. He's been with that club forever and a colorful member. He said about the same, a nonsense runabout.

g.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I missed it, which from the sounds of it seems like a good thing. What part of the Pines were they searching?

from watching the show I would guess they were off of quaker bridge road about 1/2 between atsion and Batsto. I noticed something interesting, I don't know if anybody else caught it: Angus gillespie (who is a noted expert on the nj devil) made an unusual comment, he said that the devil was born in an islolated location along the mullica in the great swamp. this came as a surprise to me since Leeds point had long been the most popular birth spot.

Jeff

I know the Police station is Egg Harbor Township In Atlantic County... I suspect they had various locations thru-out the Barrens that they filmed in. In my humble opinion, they loosely tied the story together, as happens in the film industry, or another way - They didn't let the facts get in the way of a good story!