June in the Woods

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Hey Bob, can you focus optically through the lens, or only through the lcd screen? Might help. Other than use the macro setting, I can't think of much else, other then perhaps a mini tripod, and a remote trigger, or delayed shutter setting so that you don't get any movement from presing the button. I just ordered a remote cable for my camera today to eliminate the movement while using a tripod. Hopefully will be here by the weekend. I was out shooting in the pines this past weekend, and found that I really needed the remote. Hope to post some of the shots sometime. Knowing how long it takes me to do some of these things it may be quite a while, e.g. my Harrisville shots, and getting my chairs if you still have them. If not no big deal.:) Nice shots you have there also.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hey Bob, can you focus optically through the lens, or only through the lcd screen? Might help. Other than use the macro setting, I can't think of much else, other then perhaps a mini tripod, and a remote trigger, or delayed shutter setting so that you don't get any movement from presing the button. I just ordered a remote cable for my camera today to eliminate the movement while using a tripod. Hopefully will be here by the weekend. I was out shooting in the pines this past weekend, and found that I really needed the remote. Hope to post some of the shots sometime. Knowing how long it takes me to do some of these things it may be quite a while, e.g. my Harrisville shots, and getting my chairs if you still have them. If not no big deal.:) Nice shots you have there also.

Banjo, I stopped using automatic for close shots. I seem to be doing better like that. Here are a couple from last weekend. I stumbled upon these orchids in Jakes Branch. I still have your chairs. I'll be in the woods by Batsto River Saturday......bob

watermark.php

watermark.php