Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
23.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
People continue to repeat what they read or hear, without understanding what it is they have an opinion on.

Zat so? I mean those weapon types delineated in the now defunct 1994 Assault Weapn Ban. I trust Joe Biden to dust it off and suggest an update to it after talking to many knowledgeable people.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ban all cars that go over 65 in NJ!
The number one killer of children in the United States that are younger than age 14 years old age are car accidents.

Apples and Oranges Dogg. A car is (mostly) not an intended instrument of destruction used by evil people.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Gibby, would you explain that statement?

I hope you don't mind a short political rant and please don't think any less of me for my view of less government.;)

The second amendment is the force we possess which backs our sovereignty over our officials. This force has more power than our presses and our voices. We have this peacefully. Because we are the Sovereign and the elected officials are executives hired as any executives are, they may not make laws that challenge this force in any matter no matter what they claim. The officials swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. Any infringement what so ever is and always has been a challenge to the force which backs our authority over them, and is therefore a challenge to our authority over them. This right is an absolute, contrary to what many think. Our founding father understood that we would be challenged more by our public servants than any other entity on earth so the they wrote the word of art to make the second amendment impervious to ordinary due process and sway. The heart of this is we only need to small bundle of rights to be free. Free meaning a small government whose public servants do not over step its authority and a self governed people who are not infringed by a small group of people with mob mentality where common sense is clouded and over powered by fear and lack of independence and self reliance. The safe society will come as an affirmation of a self healthy rule and not before. In this manner the health of the second amendment is the primary indicator to the over all health of the nation and society.

Our government is always nibbling away at our fundamental rights by writing law after law that is has no effect because they are out of touch with the real problems of the nation. Our officials would rather feel good than do good. There is always an excuse and a shift of blame. Hopefully, common sense will prevail, but even that is to much to ask.

I hope that makes some sense because it is a ramble of sorts and I am a grump today.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I hope that makes some sense because it is a ramble of sorts and I am a grump today.

Tis quite a ramble, yes. I have questions, but I'll ask one right now: You of course realize the Constitution can be changed by the people. So If a suggested change to the second amendment came up and was duly ratified and approved, would you pledge allegience to it despite how you felt about it?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Tis quite a ramble, yes. I have questions, but I'll ask one right now: You of course realize the Constitution can be changed by the people. So If a suggested change to the second amendment came up and was duly ratified and approved, would you pledge allegience to it despite how you felt about it?

No. No infringements what so ever, I would do anything in my power to protect our future generations freedom- soap box to ballot box. Honestly, I am looking at this beyond the second amendment.

Bobpbx, how do you feel about the government overstepping into our lives?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No. No infringements what so ever, I would do anything in my power to protect our future generations freedom- soap box to ballet box. Honestly, I am looking at this beyond the second amendment.

Did I hear you correctly? You would pull out an assault weapon and fight the government over a lawful change to the Constitution?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Soap box to ballet box that is my weapon. Words and voting.

That is you Gibby, that is you. What about the guys who own assault weapons and think an insurrection is in order? Who are these people...are they the ones to decide when the time is right, because they have the weapons to back them up? Is that the main reasons they just have to have these weapons, because they are paranoid the government is out to get them?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
That is you Gibby, that is you. What about the guys who own assault weapons and think an insurrection is in order? Who are these people...are they the ones to decide when the time is right, because they have the weapons to back them up? Is that the main reasons they just have to have these weapons, because they are paranoid the government is out to get them?

Patriots? Hasn't there always been that sector of society that is off of the grid? Their numbers are so small that the greater good will always triumph them. They have weapons and live in fear because they are truly the meek. There existence solely depends on turmoil, which is very sad.

Don't forget that many of these rifles have been bought just because the media made everyone aware of them. Some of these rifles have never been fired, sitting in a closet only to be dusted off when shown at the barbecue.

There is an interesting book you should read titled " A Force Upon the Plain". It explains in depth the patriot movement.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
No he wasn't. He was an old fart from the movies.

Selective respect doesn't change anything. He was a great president and many think one of our best. He still holds the record for the greatest number of electoral votes received by any candidate. Even though the media never mentions his name he still remains one of the most popular and beloved presidents ever.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Even though the media never mentions his name he still remains one of the most popular and beloved presidents ever.

Is that the reason you think he was one of the greatest and most popular presidents ever--that he received many electoral votes and the media never mentions his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.