Just a Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
My wife worked as a teacher in Medford for 36 years and they always had a policeman, untill Christie cut the budget. It set a good relationship between students and the police, very congenial. When I went to school in Cherry Hill we always had a policeman. He was very friendly to us and this was almost 1/2 century ago.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Will we all still be friends at the end of this?

No.

What's the predicted legal status of the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Didn't Ronnie Reagan support the banning of assault weapons? I think he did!

I supported Obama once on the forum and people started going all Hitler. I figured this wasn't the place. And dropped out.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
BOB............We will see if you feel so good about your super hero in Office 4 years from now......You think your vote is so much better?:smug:

Sure I do. I didn't vote for Romney, did I?

You need to get a better candidate in the race if you are dissatisfied. Over 60 million of the eligible voters in the United States selected Obama. To say that they are all suckers or idiots is an overly broad statement that lacks any meaningful analysis.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Sure I do. I didn't vote for Romney, did I?

You need to get a better candidate in the race if you are dissatisfied. Over 60 million of the eligible voters in the United States selected Obama. To say that they are all suckers or idiots is an overly broad statement that lacks any meaningful analysis.
Well your wrong.......Santa said you been bad. You get nothing this year. Enjoy your Christmas Bob

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Which arms do we have a right to bear? There are arms available now that weren't even thought of when the 2nd Ammendment was written.Should we be able to have hand grenades,mortars and f-16's? Should we be limited to the muzzleloaders that were the meanest weapons of the time the Amendment was written?In any case whatever is decided I think it should be decided by the states and not the Federal Government.I would draw the line at heavy artillery obviously and perhaps 50 cal machine guns but whats the difference between a fully auto and a semi? Have you ever tried to aim a weapon while on full auto? I have,it doesn't work.All you can do is point and work it back and forth.Waste of ammo to tell you the truth unless your kicking in doors and sweeping rooms.I don't need a full auto myself but don't need the govment" tellin me what size magazine I can have.It's a fine line and I'm afraid the feds will push it way to their side if allowed to do so.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Banning one weapon over another, banning them all or creating new laws won't solve a thing, but that's the simple approach that seems easy to do and is easily understood. Government can't solve this, I doubt anyone can, except perhaps families. History shows us this.

A list of 'notable' school shootings in the USA. Goes back to the 1920's. The list is very long. The deadliest used no firearms at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_States#List_of_notable_U.S._school_attacks

Taken from Wikipedia on the Columbine shooting, 13 years ago.

"In the months prior to the attacks, Harris and Klebold acquired two 9 mm firearms and two 12-gauge shotguns. Their friend Robyn Anderson bought a rifle and the two shotguns at the Tanner Gun Show in December 1998.[18] Through Robert Duran, another friend, Harris and Klebold later bought a handgun from Mark Manes for $500.
Using instructions acquired upon the Internet, Harris and Klebold constructed a total of 99 improvised explosive devices of various designs and sizes. They sawed the barrels and butts off their shotguns to make them easier to conceal.[4] They committed numerous felony violations of state and federal law, including the National Firearms Act and the Gun Control Act of 1968, before they began the massacre.
On April 20, Harris was equipped with a 12-gauge Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun, (which he discharged a total of 25 times) and a Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines, which he fired a total of 96 times.
Klebold was equipped with a 9 mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun with one 52-, one 32-, and one 28-round magazine and a 12-gauge Stevens 311D double-barreled sawed-off shotgun. Klebold primarily fired the TEC-9 handgun, for a total of 55 times."

I'm going Christmas shopping.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Banning one weapon over another, banning them all or creating new laws won't solve a thing, but that's the simple approach that seems easy to do and is easily understood. Government can't solve this, I doubt anyone can, except perhaps families. History shows us this.

I believe your right but the only answer I know involves religion and this is about gun control and politics.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
No.

What's the predicted legal status of the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Didn't Ronnie Reagan support the banning of assault weapons? I think he did!

I supported Obama once on the forum and people started going all Hitler. I figured this wasn't the place. And dropped out.
I think Reagan did the 1986 machine gun ban,,,,, I never knew they were legal until after they weren't .

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Gib, a Marlin 60 was my first firearm, a Christmas gift. Passed on to my brother who is still using it.

I've been thinking about a higher capacity mag for my Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher, but can't decide, and maybe the decision has been made for me. :ninja: I was considering one from the pics below, as the tiny stock clips are a real pain.

Ruger_10-22_25_Round_Banana_Clip_ProMag.jpg

Ruger_10-22_50-Round_Drum_Magazine_ProMag.jpg

Sorry, but you hit on one of my pet pieves. These are magazines, not clips and as you know, both are illegal in NJ because they hold more than 15-rounds and fit into a semi-automatic firearm.

clipvsmag_zps720c35d1.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This afternoon as we were out shopping I stopped by the local sports store to pick up wood chips for smoking. The results from panic buying was apparent. There wasn't one rifle and any associated item in the store. I am friends with the owner and he took a moment to tell me that ammunition has sold out (.223, 5.56, 7.62 etc) and won't be available in any large quantity for months. Most, if not all, of the gun manufacturers will not take any more orders because they have over a years worth to fulfill. Can you imagine the revenue that is being generated! In the past week his sales of military style weapons exceeded the total of what was sold last year. The largest total for a single purchase was over six thousand dollars. It is crazy. Hopefully, level heads will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.