Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
ron.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The coming ban will have little effect on gun ownership in New Jersey. We currently have some of the strictest set of laws pertaining to gun ownership in the nation. Most of 1994 ban still exists in the states current gun laws. What I am concerned about is how fast a swipe of the pen can turn a law abiding citizen into a felon and what the trickle down effect will have on other firearms.

If destroying all of what I own would bring every shooting victim back, I would do that in an instant. We all know that isn't going to happen so the nation needs to have a riotous debate and ask the tough questions to why this has become common place. The health of the Second Amendment has always been an indicator to the health of society.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Not that it would have prevented this recent tragedy, but the biggest firearm issue out there that needs to be addressed is in a face-to-face transfer. These should be banned and should have to go through an FFL, so the proper NICS check can be performed. The government should pay for this transfer fee OR cap the fee to $25 or so.

Reactions: skip3

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
None of this would fix the problem of a mother teaching her nut ball son to shoot these weapons.
I suspect the acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
None of this would fix the problem of a mother teaching her nut ball son to shoot these weapons.
I suspect the acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

Exactly. There are so many issues that can be gone into and debated regarding gun crime but in this case a mother who apparently was struggling to control her son to the point of seeking outside help failed to secure her guns from him. The fault is clear.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That quote from Reagan says a lot about problems in our society today. However, I don't see any mention of guns in it.

Regarding the tragedy in CT and why it has become commonplace, the media aren't helping things by descending on the community like vultures and providing nonstop 24/7 coverage. Any nut job out there must see this as a sure ticket to fame.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Regarding the tragedy in CT and why it has become commonplace, the media aren't helping things by descending on the community like vultures and providing nonstop 24/7 coverage. Any nut job out there must see this as a sure ticket to fame.

I thought the exact same thing. Then, one of the hosts on Sirius/XM "Patriot" mentioned it. My wife watched all day Friday. When I got home from work, there she sat, crying. I immediately turned it off.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
there she sat, crying

I came home to find the little woman upset and sobbing at the kitchen table. She said she couldn't explain why, but she felt guilty for what happened. I, too, immediately turned off the television. Every channel kept repeating over and over the same thing. Coverage that intense, with no new information, takes a toll on viewers.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I'd like someone to do a full analysis and tally up how many laws were actually violated during all of these killings. Would a few more laws have changed the outcome?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
:( No!
I don't think anyone knows how to stop this, but there will be alot of wheel spinning.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Somewhat on the subject. I just read in the local paper that it will cost one of our local schools $1450. to have a keyless lock put on. That is one lock on one door. That is one reason why schools are unsafe ...the cost to even remotely secure them is astronomical.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
A lock will not stop an assult rifle, neither will a kevlar vest, or an idiot mother which is the real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.