keep your eyes open !

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
five of us from the OCSJ went for a nine mile hike from Atsion Sunday. about half way into the hike we started to see something we have seen befor.

some person or persons have spent alot of time spreading downed trees over marked and unmarked trails

but now they are cutting healthy trees up to 4 to 5 inches and dropping them accross the trails, it is one thing to put old dead trees accross the trails to keep motor cycles off, but yet another thing to cut healthy trees

on down the trail aways we found something even more disturbing, a 6x6 with spikes in it and a spike in front of it sticking out of the ground (about 6 to 8 inch galvinized spike) and a piece of rebar also sticking out of the ground

if you eyes are focused on the 6x6 you might not see the spike or rebar !! and step on it

whoever is doing this has gone way over the top

we flipped the 6x6 over and did our bust to flatten the spike

whoever is doing this has gone to great effort and will probubly not stop

the area to the best of my recolection ( i forgot to mark the way point on my GPS) is n39 44.550 w74 41.409

so keep your eyes open

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
bruset said:
Did you let the rangers know?
we discussed that, since we did not come accross any rangers and did not have an exact location we chose not to. in hind sight we should have. some of us thought the rangers might over react. i will call them today and see what they have to say

i just called the rangers and gave them all the info i had

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
onehand said:
we discussed that, since we did not come accross any rangers and did not have an exact location we chose not to. in hind sight we should have. some of us thought the rangers might over react. i will call them today and see what they have to say

i just called the rangers and gave them all the info i had

good. those are tell-tale signs of ELF activity.

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
MuckSavage said:
ELF ? What's that?
Earth Liberation Front

Basically it’s your typical environmental terrorist group.

"Because the ELF structure is non-hierarchical, there is no centralized organization or leadership. There is also no "membership" in the Earth Liberation Front. In the past,individuals have committed arson and other illegal acts under the ELF name. Individuals who choose to do actions under the banner of E.L.F. do so only driven by their personal conscience. These have been individual choices, and are not endorsed, encouraged, or approved of by the management, contributors, or readers."

Notice is doesn’t say anything about discouraging any illegal acts.

"The FBI recently named ELF and two related groups, the Animal Liberation Front and Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, as the top domestic terrorism threat in the country."

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/