Ken Washington

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
An old Buddy of mine that I haven't seen in some time passed away yesterday.He used to be a member of this site for any of you who remember Him. 62 and a half years old.Passed suddenly,don't know why.
Other wise known as Kendawg.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Many long time members will remember KenDawg. He was a geocacher and was on this site somewhat in the early years.

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I spent some time with him and Steve and never knew his last name until today.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
He was a big Allman Brothers fan.
He searched all day with me along manumuskin Creek about 12 years ago looking for the famous Preacher Stone.He found a small sandstone after hours of looking in thick scrub and avoding massive ant hills.We though that was it and He was ery happy,so was I.Then I took Bill a week later to show him the stone.After seeing it he wanted to see the creek so we made a bee line down to the creek and in some thick brush a literally ran into the actual preacher stone which is hip high.This was really a bummer that ken wasn't there because he definitely had put in the time.Of course next week I had Him out to the stone and he marveled at how close we were to such a large stone and yet had missed it.The small one He found still remains a mystery.It seems possibly to be a corner on the hartman map but with no info on the map it's impossible to tell.

Reactions: Teegate

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
By the way the small rock He found was so camo in lichen that He wasn't sure if it was rock or stump so he leaned down and scratched a small section of lichen off to check.This was 12 years ago.That scratch mark he made in the lichen is still there to this day.

Reactions: Teegate

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I remember being in the Barrens with Him once and He took Me to a memorial He had made in the woods to a friend of his who had recently died.I got the impression it was an old girl friend.I forget her name and what killed her but I remember the circle of bricks.I cannot remember where it was,I"m racking my brain.I"d like to find it again to see if it has been visited lately.He seemed to be genuinely sad while there.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I LOVED KEN. Loved him. He actually introduced me to this site and to "The Jerseyman" as I won't say his "real" name. We've remained friends for some years. He had a camping site about two down from my mom's at Belhaven. I would always try and hang out if around. He and his girlfriend even became friends with my mom and her husband. My kids called him "Uncle Kenny" and we'd ride around on the golf cart a lot at the campground with him and them.

He was well-versed on local history and a BIG mentor to me. We did a lot of exploring together and more travels than these pics here. Here's some photos I managed to sneak of him from good/exploring times. There's one spot he always told me to check out and never did.. I am going to do it soon as a homage to him... We talked about death a lot.. he always said he hated those roadside shrines of people that died from accidents or whatnot and said he'd kill me or anyone if anyone did that for him. He loved his Jack.. and he loved his music. I am trying to locate more recent from photos from campground!

He taught me a lot about Pennsauken and Burlington County history and South Jersey history in general. We still remained friends to this day.

Obituary should be out soon.

The gravestone he is next to is Elias Boudinot..

Attachments

• burlington county 140.JPG
    burlington county 140.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 390
  • burlington county 220.JPG
    burlington county 220.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 390
  • burlington county 221.JPG
    burlington county 221.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 400
  • ken 021.JPG
    ken 021.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
  • lines on the pines 001.JPG
    lines on the pines 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 401

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sorry to hear that news.

He stopped by my truck to say hello to our group at our impromptu tailgate party at a Lines in the Pines event a few years back at the Frog Rock.
I seem to remember I couldn't talk him into a glass of my homemade wine. Smart man as it turned out.

Last edited:

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Sorry to hear that news.

He stopped by my truck to say hello to our group at our impromptu tailgate party at a Lines in the Pines event a few years back at the Frog Rock.
I seem to remember I couldn't talk him into glass of my homemade wine. Smart man as it turned out.
Redneck.. I was there too. I believe! Hahaha!

Reactions: RednekF350

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
My heart hurts real bad.....He will be sorely missed. I met him because of geocaching and this site but our friendship grew past that. I went on his FB page this morning to give him a heads up about some Morgans I came across and found out he passed. I will miss him.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
I spent some time with him and Steve and never knew his last name until today.

Damn. I haven't talked to him in a few years. When my husband died in 2010, he asked if there was anything that he could do for me. I asked him to call me once in a while--he did--and if I sounded sorry for myself, to take me for a ride through the Pines. He did that, too.