Lawrence Line Survey

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Then Google Earth may be correct.

I will run a line from that exact point down to mile 5 and see how it appears up that way.

Jeff Gluck

Feb 7, 2023
Hudson and Bergen Counties
I am a retired real-estate attorney and have been interested in the East-West Jersey division line since I was told about it by an elderly practitioner back in the 1980's. Sometime in the 1990's I visited Waterloo Village for a wine-and-cheese festival. In the middle of the outdoor railroad-tie steps next to the grist mill was a metal pike with a small sign that indicated it was the dividing line between East and West Jersey. I snapped a picture, which I have long since misplaced. I am wondering if anyone remembers that or saw the pike. I was back to Waterloo Village in the summer of 2021 and although the steps are still intact, though in a dilapidated state, the pike is gone. Just curious.

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am a retired real-estate attorney and have been interested in the East-West Jersey division line since I was told about it by an elderly practitioner back in the 1980's. Sometime in the 1990's I visited Waterloo Village for a wine-and-cheese festival. In the middle of the outdoor railroad-tie steps next to the grist mill was a metal pike with a small sign that indicated it was the dividing line between East and West Jersey. I snapped a picture, which I have long since misplaced. I am wondering if anyone remembers that or saw the pike. I was back to Waterloo Village in the summer of 2021 and although the steps are still intact, though in a dilapidated state, the pike is gone. Just curious.
Is this the location?

Post 38 Photo

Reactions: Boyd and bobpbx