Lebanon Lake

zinger4040

Mar 19, 2011
Hi all, Im new to the forum and just wanted to get some info about pickerel fishing. I drove by the lake on rt 70 today and it looks like a decent spot. Has anyone had any luck here? Im a little leary of giving it a try because I heard the lake was drained a few years back.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
I assume your talking about Pakim pond, not sure on the fishing there. It is actually an abandoned cranberry bog, I don't see why the fishing would be bad.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Hi all, Im new to the forum and just wanted to get some info about pickerel fishing. I drove by the lake on rt 70 today and it looks like a decent spot. Has anyone had any luck here? Im a little leary of giving it a try because I heard the lake was drained a few years back.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Lebanon Lake is pretty good fishing. The DEP is pretty good about collecting the fish and replenishing when the lakes are drained. You could stop by at pine barren stoves on route 72 nearby and ask Lee how it has been lately. He will tell you that there are 30" pickerel in the back in the cedar stumps. i never caught a real big one back there but that is what I've heard.

You will probably have the most action about midway down on the western shore. Once the lilly pads come up there are some nice ones in that area. Just becareful of the cedar stumps... there are alot of them. Have fun.

Jeff