Legislator questions out-of-Pinelands meeting

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice job finding these articles Ed.

I guess I should have realized earlier that Paul Leakan who is the Pinelands spokesperson mentioned in that article, is the same Paul Leakan who writes for the Burlington County Times. He is the same person who contacted me to use my photo of the Carranza Memorial covered over in the tarp when it was vandalized, but then when I sent him the photo he bailed on the article. He then had my photo without my name on it.

His edited comment in this article:

"“It's important to note that this is a regional planning conference that will highlight not just the Pinelands but also the New Jersey Meadowlands, the New Jersey Highlands, the Long Island Pine Barrens, the Chesapeake Bay region, Cape Cod and Adirondack Park, as well as other areas of the Eastern U.S. that are involved in regional planning,” Pinelands spokesman Paul Leakan said."

And his Carranza Memorial article.

http://www.nograffiti.com/grafnews/8_1_04/carranza_memorial_repaired_by_pa.htm

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
“I find it hard to believe that the commission was unable to find a suitable location in South Jersey,” Chatzidakis said in a news release. “Mount Laurel alone has many such facilities, as does Cherry Hill and Atlantic City. It is troubling to think that they would not be more sensitive about contributing to the regional economy.”

Since when has Mt. Laurel, Cherry Hill, or Atlantic City been in the Pine Barrens?

“We're all aware of the history and the sensitivities of the commission and we want to make sure that a person who sits on the commission is in tune with those sensitivities,” Chatzidakis said in an interview last month. “Someone who lives in the Pinelands already has a familiarity with and a historical perspective of the Pinelands.

Sure they do. :rolleyes:

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
Mount Laurel is 8 minutes from the Pines, Cherry Hill is 12, and Atlantic City are 10 minutes away.

when i lived in mt. laurel it took me at least 8 min. just to get out of mt.laurel and an additional 12 to 20 min. to get to the pines (at least what i call the pines) LOL

now i am 7 hours from the pines !

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
when i lived in mt. laurel it took me at least 8 min. just to get out of mt.laurel and an additional 12 to 20 min. to get to the pines (at least what i call the pines) LOL

now i am 7 hours from the pines !

Couldn't be all those new developments now could it? lol? Even making route 38 4 lanes didn't help. Ugh.
I make it to the pines pretty quick down route 616 (Church)

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Am I missing something here? What difference does it make where the meeting is? Does this mean that a disscussion/meeting concerning the atlantic ocean should only take place on a boat? I don't get it.

Anyway, I think they should have the meeting at lower forge campground.

Jeff

supercilious

Scout
Jun 27, 2004
i wish it was held in Donald Trumps bedroom! Like any of this is actually relevant with honesty about the Pines, and taking in other resources available in New Jersey. Its all about how much of the pines to take now, not about a plan for whats left in the State itself. Care as much as you wish about the topic, no group stops money here in New Jersey.