Light in the sky

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Did anyone see what I think was a daytime meteor yesterday around 12:30pm high in the eastern sky? I was in a parking lot in Bayville. A long, very bright light with a brighter burst of light at the end. Lasted maybe 3-5 seconds. My wife sawit as well. I thought it might have been a flare from a military plane, but no planes in that area of the sky. Maybe it was Superman doing a burnout.....

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Did anyone see what I think was a daytime meteor yesterday around 12:30pm high in the eastern sky? I was in a parking lot in Bayville. A long, very bright light with a brighter burst of light at the end. Lasted maybe 3-5 seconds. My wife sawit as well. I thought it might have been a flare from a military plane, but no planes in that area of the sky. Maybe it was Superman doing a burnout.....

From today's news...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Silver-Streaks-in-the-Sky-Likely--a-Meteor-116199184.html

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
They said the size of a car.

YA THINK?
picture-jetsons-gerry-dvorak.jpg

MAYBE?

LOL

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I had never heard of that - thanks for posting. Wow. They heard a sonic boom 90 years before man would break the sound barrier. Must have been amazing. :)