Little Hawkin Run ... A PBX Hike

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I frequently come across streamers with a code on them. Sometimes it is obviously a date and code. Several years ago they marked more than 30 have a heart traps baited with marshmallows, with a warning sticker about rabies. Recently I have seen them in the Carranza area. Someone on here wrote that they marked snake den locations but I cannot find the thread, maybe Al.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting the pics. The sight of NJ cedar water flowing through the pines, even if it is a photo, is good for the soul when you cannot be there in person.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
One question; do you think those cranberries were hand carried or could someone have driven a vehicle back there? Carrying them gives me the exhausting memory flashback of hauling monuments over a mile into the woods in KY. And I have to admit, when it's in the upper 80's, the thought of cracking them in half to make them easier to carry crossed my mind more than once...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There was a way to drive close to there but the public does not have access as far as I can tell. A piece of state land that rarely gets visited except by local property owners. In reality they are usually the most interesting and clean woods to visit.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I frequently come across streamers with a code on them. Sometimes it is obviously a date and code. Several years ago they marked more than 30 have a heart traps baited with marshmallows, with a warning sticker about rabies. Recently I have seen them in the Carranza area. Someone on here wrote that they marked snake den locations but I cannot find the thread, maybe Al.
Wasn't me Ed and I"ve never seen markings of any kind around dens.I"d hope the scientists that be would know better then that:)