Long Island's Pine Barrens

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
bruset said:
I dunno about halfway. Maybe like 1/3 of the way there. I think the LIPB are pretty far out on the island.

Was the idea to stay over Friday night and hike Saturday, and then drive home Saturday night?

The idea was thrown out so we could fit in a dinner with a few drinks among the boys who could make it to make it fun and interesting. So, we could play it anyway you like that suits us as long as we have a night to unwind a bit (without having to drive in one day). Say, leave early Saturday, get there around noon, hike about 4 hours, then to the motel, shower, go to dinner, maybe some cards after? Then drive home sunday.

Yee, friggin, ha!

BobM said:
The idea was thrown out so we could fit in a dinner with a few drinks among the boys who could make it to make it fun and interesting. So, we could play it anyway you like that suits us as long as we have a night to unwind a bit (without having to drive in one day). Say, leave early Saturday, get there around noon, hike about 4 hours, then to the motel, shower, go to dinner, maybe some cards after? Then drive home sunday.

Yee, friggin, ha!

That works for me.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
BEHR655 said:
That works for me.

Good deal. I'll work it up for the spring around flower time so's I can see whats growing too.

By the way. We could also do an overnighter to Cabela's for the hell of it this winter. Drive up Saturday morning. Go to Cabela's all afternoon, then dinner and drinks at night. Sleep over and drive back in the am.

Sky042

Sep 24, 2005
Next time I'm up to my in-laws place in Medford/patchogue area I'll get ahold of you. I've got a Zr-2 blazer and a Nikon D-50 Dslr could get some excellent photographs.