Looking for a small tractor

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
I'm looking for a small tractor just to use for grating my dirt road. I'm not looking to spend too much money but am looking for a small good running tractor with a blade to grate my long dirt driveway

PinesExplr

Scout
Dec 7, 2005
Medford, NJ
tractor

I'm looking for a small tractor just to use for grating my dirt road. I'm not looking to spend too much money but am looking for a small good running tractor with a blade to grate my long dirt driveway

I was toying with the idea of getting a small tractor too.... do something with a unwieldy patch (about 1/2 acre) -- same requirement "cheap" (or share). Don't know how, but maybe planting 75'x50' mini corn field or something else. Just wasted space along an easement.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
There are lots of old ones for sale pretty cheap. How small is small? If you want to drag a blade you're looking at a small farm tractor at least. My Dad and I were looking at old Farmalls last year, and there were a ton of them around in the $1500-$3000 range.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
As I recall there were a ton of listings for old Farmalls and IH's on eBay at the time we were looking. There are also several websites devoted to Farmall afficianados. I would check the eBay resources first, since you want to buy one and not just read about them. I'd be surprised if you can't find a decent candidate in your area in the price range mentioned. Those things were workhorses, and very simple to fix. There are lots of parts around too. So they have lasted a long time.

Edit: right now on eBay there are 441 listings for agricultural/forestry tractors, and another 3700 or so in the antique category.

Here's a Kubota for $1800 25 miles from Cherry Hill:

http://cgi.ebay.com/L175-Kubota-tra...ryZ50921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem