MakePeace, A PBX Hike

WOW, Nice pics. I wish I could have gone with you guys. I actually went back on the last day of Jan by myself. I am curious where you went in at. I go in down by the Furnace. My friend owns a house that backs up to the WMA. It looks similar to the trail in your pics, but it could be they all look the same. I also saw a few spongs and sandy areas and a clearing with holly trees that had the most berries I ever saw.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Dragonfly
They went in on a sand road that heads north off of 322 and is 1.8 miles east of the Great Egg Harbor river.I've parked there a few times myself though I visit the northern portion more then the southern portion.I have yet to explore Makepeace WMA north of the expressway but I see several very nice cedar bogs up that way and two very large ponds one named Goose over closer to egg harbor city that need my attention.The dune topography up that way is not as amazing though or even non existent but those bogs look very interesting.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Vaccinium and Smilax! The double whammy!

Hell_Capture.PNG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
if your friend lives where I think they do I have walked the trail behind their house.It actually passes off of state land and crosses private property for a couple hundred yards before passing back onto state and then it crosses a small stream on the remains of a rickety bridge that is no longer passable by vehicle.

Al,

Looking at the map with the red lines on it. I can see the trail I came in from to the left and it meets up with it. So I did travel part of the same trail. I stopped where you see the big 90 degree turn to the right.

As far as the Goose ponds.. there are two the Big Goose and the Little Goose, they are closer to EHC. we were going to go back there a couple years ago when I took the Special Pinelands class., but it got rained out. From what I heard tho, it is a trip you make on your belly under the briers. I want very much to get back there one day this summer.

Raven

Hehehe!!!! Maybe I should try that. But I have been reducing my girth of late, a good thing. But I am ready now that my knee is back in shape.

I remember when I joined up here last summer. I was recuping from the surgery when I found this site as I was searching for an ID on an orchid I had shot the day before the surgery. I came, I saw and I stayed. My how time flies....

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I've always went under the theory that if I want what you have I'll come looking for you.If I haven't looked for you I must not have wanted it all that bad to begin with.My wife was once approached by a fortune teller in front of Pathmark,bad mistake.The woman asked if she wanted her fortune told,my wife said if your really a fortune teller you'd of known better then to ask me some stupid crap like that.She also got a call from a salesman once trying to sell windows.My wife told him we lived in a tent and asked if they could be installed in the tent,he hung up.Gotta love her.