Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
IMG_3790a.jpg

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Didn't realize his stand is near the turn of the road. Is the stand on the FAA property or the Plains branch side? Those are pretty big trees for that area. If he's in there and on the Plans branch side he may never be found.
The road is a mud boggers playground, do not under any circumstances attempt any of those water holes.

manumuskin
Yes that camp is a beautiful place. A shame the trailers are left to rot. I see activity so believe it's still used. The dike has been breached and may need repair. The property pretty much surrounding the camp is owned by Haines. Not sure but the camp may belong to Truex along with the camp on the opposite side of the Plains branch and West of the WMES camp.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I do not believe the trailers are used anymore by the owners.There is a hugh beehive in one that sounds like a roar as you approach it.I just looked in the window fro 20 feet away,not sure where the hive was but I could hear it,maybe under a sink?That would be the trailer next to the water.The smaller trailer on left as you cross the field to the water I went in and it had beer bottles and cigarette butts all over the table and shotgun shells on the floor.Looked as if hunters were using it as a blind.If I owned it I would treat it better then that.I think it's abandoned and locals are using it to hunt.That is a gorgeous area.That swamp is awesome.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
His stand is actually right on the very edge of private property. The tree next to his stand has the private property sign. I was told that he did have permission to have his stand there so he was not illegal. It was not the FAA side.

As for the camp manumuskin mentioned, there is a huge tree there that has millions of bees in it and they are so loud when next to it I had problems thinking of anything else. I was so concerned they were going to come after me. Do not go there if you don't like bees. I am serious. Plus, it is private property.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
If the locals are using it then they have a key for the gate from Haines.
Although I checked the place out a number of years ago during the summer I didn't snoop long as I seen evidence of recent truck traffic. I was there about a month ago checking Haines property [with permission] and I thought Haines owned it but latter found out he doesn't. His property line ends at about the start of the field.
I for sure figured those trailers are loaded with bees, wasps, yellow jackets, etc. but not this time of year. There is a well maintained hunting shack with feed before the camp off a road that forks to the right. There was also evidence of ATV's doing their doughnut thing in that small borrow pit. I'd say this took place during hunting season. The only way for them to get back there would be through the gate and with a key.
If that place ever came up for sale I'd be interested but I'm sure Haines has first dig.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
when I was there people were driving over the gate.They have pushed the cable down and bent one of the poles over so if you hung far left you could drive over it.I didn't want to take a chance on getting hung up so i parked short of the gate and walked back.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Yes it is all private property as soon as you venture off Red Rd and there is a camera [not saying where] that is checked on a regular basis.
Just curious, are the bees in one of the large trees in the field near the large trailer by the dock?

As for the hunter stand. The property in that area is FAA, State, WMES, and maybe another. It doesn't matter if he was legal or not but do you remember if the property sign was WMES? I know some people there, not that this all matters, but am just curious. If he's in that swamp, may he rest in peace. You went looking, thick, briars, tall blueberry bushes and mountain laurel with other swamp vegetation. I doubt a hot fire would reveal much.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
the woods the road back there go though have no info on the tax search site but the pond and swamp are owned by a Roger Cramer according to the site.
Yes that name came up and he may well be the owner, but so did Truex. Either way it is private property.
The old gate has been replaced by Haines and unless you have a chainsaw, your not getting around it.
Haines has given a friend a copy of his property in that area, plus he surveyed and blazed the property lines I think last winter.

Do you have a link to the tax search site?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Haines has given a friend a copy of his property in that area, plus he surveyed and blazed the property lines I think last winter.

I can across the recent Haines survey while looking for the hunter last year.

IMG_4217a.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I found them. I did not take a photo in the tree where they were, but it is the larger trees near the trailer.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes that name came up and he may well be the owner, but so did Truex. Either way it is private property.
The old gate has been replaced by Haines and unless you have a chainsaw, your not getting around it.

Do you have a link to the tax search site?
http://njgin.state.nj.us/oit/gis/NJ_TaxListSearch/

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
What, no photo? Well I'm not going back just to see, but in the event I ever do for another reason and it's in warm weather I'll be cautious around there. Who's a bee keeper? There's some cardboard pictures stapled to a couple of the trees, [kids] I went up to look at them. May not have been the "bee" tree but good thing it was freezing at the time.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What, no photo? Well I'm not going back just to see, but in the event I ever do for another reason and it's in warm weather I'll be cautious around there. Who's a bee keeper? There's some cardboard pictures stapled to a couple of the trees, [kids] I went up to look at them. May not have been the "bee" tree but good thing it was freezing at the time.

I learned the hard way a long time ago to never post photos or give coordinates of places I go that may be private property. I don't even mention them anymore unless someone else brings it up.