Mapping Software for Home PC's

aserdaten

Scout
Jul 26, 2003
Ormond Beach, Florida
Received e-mail advertisement today for subscription to the TopoZone Pro. Seems like it would be a good program for home use (and I suppose laptops as well, but I don't own one). Would have access to topos, aerial photos and street maps, and their samples were quite impressive. But samples were from an unfamiliar area, and have no idea how current the info actually is.

Is anybody here using that service, and how does it work out? Are most Pine Barren roads shown, or a few of them, or none of them? Would be interested in this thing, being the map nut that I am, but have been very disappointed with mapping software purchased the past several years in local stores. Regardless of date shown on package, many local streets and roads here in my area (Central Florida) that have been there for five years or more are still not shown. Is this program any better in that respect?

Thanks in advance for comments that any of you might have.

aserdaten

Scout
Jul 26, 2003
Ormond Beach, Florida
bruset said:
TopoZone pro isn't really a program, but a website. It uses USGS Topo maps which are about as good as you will find.

There is a free version that will let you view the Topos. www.topozone.com

http://jdmcox.com/
Yes, but the free website doesn't let you utilize the street map conversion from the topo maps; this is of primary interest to me at this time.

(This is the first time I have used the quote provision; I'll eventually get the hang of this here forum posting business!)

bunnymom3

Explorer
Sep 27, 2003
Waretown
www.geocities.com
Whats funning is I once returned a CD I burned for my daughter instead of the cd that belonged in the case. Turns out the librarian does the same thing. Well bunrs cds not returns the wrong thing back :)