marlton windmill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, I would love to see the photo of the ice cream parlor.

I took a photo of it but I really am reluctant to post it. I did post it once years ago with my name all over it but I really want to hold off on that. Someone may want it for a book one day and I will give it to them. I have one of the front and back of the house but the sign was gone before I acquired a camera. I do have some interesting articles and newspaper clippings for the place that were given to me by someone I know. But they are not mine so I can't post them either.

I am sorry Terry. I really am.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I remember Matlack's as a kid and later when dating. Very convenient with the submarine races up the street at Strawbridge Lake,
Was holly Ravine the Cowtail Bar? That was way out in the woods back in the 60's.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I remember Matlack's as a kid and later when dating. Very convenient with the submarine races up the street at Strawbridge Lake,
Was holly Ravine the Cowtail Bar? That was way out in the woods back in the 60's.
Yes Ed, Holly Ravine was the name of the farm overall and the Cowtail Bar was the ice cream parlor on the farm.
I have an ash tray from Matlack's.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, I remember catfish. Took a few home and had them as pets for a while.

Holly Ravine! I grew up around the corner from there, my dad would stop in and get cigarettes. In return, we'd get to feed the animals.

Went there for ice cream too, but it was sold when I was only 6 or 7. I remember them moving the house to the back of the property where it still is today.