Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I am sorry to hear this. I have not been geocaching much and a while back I decided to go for a FTF for the hell of it and ran into him there. We had some fun looking for the cache and catching up on the "old days". This is a shame.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, if anyone wants to view his file sharing photos you can see them at the below link. The first photo shows a monument he visited in 2010 in Bass River Township. We had a few email correspondence over the years concerning the monument and in one of them a few years before 2012 he wrote me saying he took a photo of his GPS at the monument in 2010 but he could not read the cords. He asked me where it was located but at the time I had no idea. On 2/27/2012 I wrote him back.

Hi,

Do you remember asking me a few years back where the location was of a state monument you photographed in the Bass River area? You had it posted on your photo site online. I may be able to help you now if you can direct me to the photo you had posted so I can see the number on the monument. I thought you had a flickr account but I can't find it.

Guy

He responded.

I know I have asked you about several markers over the years. No
specific one in Bass River stands out, however. Searching my Flickr
feed, the only marker in Bass River I have labeled (it's possible I
have photographs that are not labeled) as Bass River and marker is
this one:

https://flic.kr/p/7KC5fk
I have a shot with the GPS, but I can't read it.

Is this what you were thinking of?

Bob.

I responded.

Bob,

I believe it is. I may be able to help you with the location. Just give me a few days to look through my info and I will get back to you. I can't guarantee anything but the odds are higher now.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be contacting you.

Guy

He responded.

Thanks! Take your time, I've waited nine years, another week or two
isn't going to hurt.

Bob.

I responded a few minutes later.

Guess what. I will have it for you now. See my attached slightly blurry photo I took last weekend. The location is:

39.xxxxxx
-74.xxxxx

Guy

He responded.

That's great! Thank you ever so much. So, how did you find it?

Bob.

And my final correspondence with him.

I was walking on that path looking for a stone that I never found. I was with Al (Member Manumuskin)and he pointed it out as he passed by it first. I took the photo not being really sure if it was the one you wanted or not. I knew I was in the area we discussed so I made sure I took photo's of everything I came across. I usually of late have been skipping the monument but your monument has always been on my mind. It is blurry because it was getting late so I just leaned down and took it and never really slowed down my walk.

I have been acquiring information in that area and will eventually be better able to know where all of these monuments are. I like a good challenge and you gave me one. I appreciate you asking me where it was.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I had to look him up, but now I remember some of his posts. Strange that he stopped posting here in 2010. Very sad to die so young, that article makes it sound rather mysterious.