Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I am looking to travel up Micaja S Rd. to around the following coordinates:
39.69697 -74.31336

I will be coming from the south.

• Has anyone been in this area before?
  • How navigable is this road?
  • What is the best approach?
    It appears there is a service road beside the GSP. I imagine that is off limits.
I appreciate any help to get me into this area.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Looks like it would be an easy hike/bushwack to get to there from any of the nearby roads.

You could also park down by the bog to the south, hike in a short way, and be right on the road. It'd be a bit of a hike to get to the coordinates you're looking at, though.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have actually been there. If the fire burned the tree's in that area it should be easy to drive in, but if it did not be prepared for scrapes. My brother took me there in his Jeep and he still has the pinstripes even after serious work on them by me. Yes I had to wax his car it was so bad.

It is easy to get to the intersection right above there, I have been there with my car. So even if it is tough you can walk if what you want to do does not involve having to have a car.

Jeff... one thing I always do is check coordinates. Much to learn from knowing where people go.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.69...pn=0.049927,0.099564&t=k&z=14&iwloc=addr&om=1

Guy

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
You sort of have to live with pinstripes if you're going to drive in the pines, imo. My FJ has less than 2k miles on it and already sports its fair share on both flanks.

Wax will make them a little less visible. Meguiar's Scratch-X + elbow grease + a good wax will make them even less visible. Machine buffing with compound will get rid of them for the most part, since they don't go through the clear coat (at least, they don't _usually_ go through the clearcoat).

So what I tell myself is that someday I will pay to have her buffed (I've done gelcoat, but I'm not doing this paint, even with an orbital). Meanwhile she looks like a truck that gets used, and that's ok too.

Btw, I have a clear 3M protectant film on the front-facing surfaces as a guard against rock chips. You could conceivably have it applied everywhere. Probably cost a couple of k for a whole vehicle, but it's possible to have a brand new piny ride and never get a scratch on it.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Okay, yeah, I've been down there. Both on my motorcyle and my bronco. I recall alot of mud puddles near warren grove. Didn't know it went by that name.

Jeff

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
Thanks. It's good to know I can get close even if it narrows right where I want to be. Piney stripes are the after-factory add-on that adds character to the vehicle. I don't mind them, but I also don't want to scrape the paint off either.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The fire was in that area also, so you may have an easy time. If you want, post back and tell us if the fire was there. I may want to try it in my car this winter.

Guy