MIKE ROWE in the pines!

bigoldford

Jan 3, 2009
So i got this crazy idea to try to Dirty Jobs to come into the pines to come do a clean up with us. I need some ideas on the dirtiest nastiest places and would also like to know who would be interested! I think that this would be an awesome way to do a large clean up of the pines! Let me know what you think.

Matt

lowerbankman

Scout
Nov 12, 2008
Lower Bank, NJ
if you want Mike Rowe try control burning, although I've never personally done, it does look pretty dirty to me. Perhaps you could find something to do in the marsh land, its pretty filthy out there.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
Dirty Jobs

It seems like a good idea but do we want the exposure that "dirty jobs"would bring? Then we really would need some cleaning up out here.

bigoldford

Jan 3, 2009
It seems like a good idea but do we want the exposure that "dirty jobs"would bring? Then we really would need some cleaning up out here.

very true i could see it bringing more people out here but maybe it would make people be more cautious about littering, then again i am probably being way too optimistic.

bigoldford

Jan 3, 2009
Forked River Mt.? I don't know, but I wonder whether any kind of picking up trash in the pines would get dirty enough for that series.

i agree picking up bottles along some dirt road may not be but what about if we attempted to remove some of the industrial trash that was dumped back here years ago, like the huge cement pipes that are lying around. also alot of the lowlands and mash areas are pretty nasty with car batteries and tires that are half burried, that would be one heck of a dirty job.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Maybe cranbury harvester, controlled burning might also work, as would land restoration as at Parker Preserve. How about chasing illegal ATV riders :)

I think the show has to be about an actual job someone is doing, not a project someone would like to have done.

Tree_Frogger

Mar 6, 2009

I think your right, though the pines are new to me. I've done a couple trips out there and its really nice to get away from people and that get it done yesterday mentality. I have found that the pines are a good place to relax and get away.
Hey that's just my opinion though

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Yeah, looks great on the random photo banner on the front page. Nothing like a big heaping pile of crap to welcome you to the site. :rolleyes:

There is that yes, kinda nasty. You could put put a spin on it that those prissy folk out there that don't belong in the big woods might see it and say "Ewwwwwwwwwww" and stay away. A deterrant of sorts, no?
Might even beat "boring"
I'm reaching here.

g.