Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is very sad and dissapointing. I can see she had a smile on her face leaving the WAWA. I wish they'd give more information out, like exact coordinates where the car was. If I had them, I could scout both sides of the road for a 1/4 mile near the car. Who knows? They don't even talk about the search etc.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Very sad.

The description of the Wawa is flawed. The Wawa on Route 72 is in Woodland Township. The Wawa in Vincentown is on 206 in Southampton Township, about 8 miles away. The article describes the location as " ...the Wawa on Route 72 in the Vincentown section of Southampton in Burlington County,..." The article attributes that location description to the NJSP, which is surprising.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, weird. But these reports say the same thing, so it evidently did come from the state police.

Scroggy

Scout
Jul 5, 2022
Delaware
I trolled through the State Police Facebook post comments so you don't have to.

Supposedly her car was found hydrolocked in a hole on Lost Lane "the day she went missing". (4/13?) Someone pulled it out and posted it to the "NJ Stuck in the Mud" Facebook group. It looks like she may have been reported missing as early as 4/15, the Monday after, but the initial announcement only mentions Wharton SF; the connection with the stuck car in Penn SF apparently wasn't made until a week or two ago.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
  • Sad
Reactions: 66C10

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
A feeling of helplessness is a horrible thing to live through. I hope she gets some news somehow, someway. I cannot imagine her walking into the woods after her car got stuck. Maybe the car was stolen from her at one point.

Reactions: RednekF350 and RJG

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Quackenbush has been out to her daughter's car multiple times, each time hoping to find a clue, or encounter someone with information.

Sounds like they just left the car there? That’s odd

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
Sad situation.

I have spent a lot of time in the outdoors. It’s important that you know in advance what you’re going to do in the event of an emergency. You won’t make good decisions under stress.

Case in point. I was hiking/mountain climbing in Baxter State Park in Maine in an area I was not familiar with. This was before cell phones. It was an unusually warm day in the 90’s in Maine. I only took one 16 oz bottle of water with me because there was three water sources along my 15 mile route. As luck would have it, all three water sources were dry and this was a tough hike with lots of elevation gains. I ended up lost and in the latter stages of heat stroke where you vomit, shiver and are mentally confused. I was shivering horribly and felt like I was freezing. I wanted to sit out in the sun to warm up, but because I had prepared myself for what to do in the case of heat stroke, I knew being cold was a symptom of heat stroke and I needed to stop moving and get into the shade. I had a very loud whistle with me and started blowing it every few minutes. Two men hiking about quarter mile away left the trail they were following to investigate the whistling noise. They found me, gave me water, got me upright and helped me down. Had I listened to my body and sat out in the sun to warm up and didn’t have a whistle with me, I would have likely died that day.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Very sad.

The description of the Wawa is flawed. The Wawa on Route 72 is in Woodland Township. The Wawa in Vincentown is on 206 in Southampton Township, about 8 miles away. The article describes the location as " ...the Wawa on Route 72 in the Vincentown section of Southampton in Burlington County,..." The article attributes that location description to the NJSP, which is surprising.

I thought this was odd too. I would guess that the underlying reason is because, even though the Wawa is southeast of the 70/72 circle, which should put it in Woodland Township, it officially describes itself as being in Vincentown: https://www.wawa.com/locations/0388

Even some sources for parcel data show it as being in Vincentown.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Has anyone put together a search team or gone out on their own? It is always concerning because you can never tell how much searching was actually done by officials. We had a guy missing in Hamilton Township for a month. They supposedly consistently searched during that time in the area near where his car was found. A couple of hunters went out looking on their own spreading out from where the car was found and avoiding the previously searched area. A family member formed a search party and about 30 people showed up We found him 300 feet from where his car was in a not so heavily wooded area. It took 20 minutes.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Has anyone put together a search team or gone out on their own? It is always concerning because you can never tell how much searching was actually done by officials. We had a guy missing in Hamilton Township for a month. They supposedly consistently searched during that time in the area near where his car was found. A couple of hunters went out looking on their own spreading out from where the car was found and avoiding the previously searched area. A family member formed a search party and about 30 people showed up We found him 300 feet from where his car was in a not so heavily wooded area. It took 20 minutes.

Nobody here has as far as I know. However, the secrecy to these incidents keeps the public from knowing the exact spot. I haven't been there to see if the location is obvious but a little more info from the authorities would make it easier. It is a long road.

Reactions: Jim_H and bobpbx