Monmouth Battlefield

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I was out at Monmouth Battlefield the other day and managed to take some good photographs. I figured some folks might be interested to see.

Monmouth Battlefield is a pretty interesting park. There's a number of cellar holes and a lot of history around

Click for full size.

I really love these colonial style fences.

My favorite pic from the day.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Great photo's and an historic area. There are many places around the park with a lot of history attached to them. I used to live up that way. Hope they can do the re-enactment of the battle this year. Link is to my pics of it from 2004.

http://www.pbase.com/46er/the_american_revolution

30688406.jpg

Reactions: Gibby

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Read a book about the revolution in NJ a few months ago and it had a chapter on the Battle of Monmouth and I have made a mental note to get up there.Thanks for the pics.It seemed to be a spread out affair with several battle lines drawn on the map but most of the most important spots do seem to have gotten preserved in the modern battlefield.Another one I have driven by repeatedly but always while working is Chadds Ford in Pa.I also want to stop there someday.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
A great set of pictures Ben! Very Nice! I didn't know that there was an orchard on the battle field grounds. I will be adding another slip to my bucket list.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
A great set of pictures Ben! Very Nice! I didn't know that there was an orchard on the battle field grounds. I will be adding another slip to my bucket list.

Yes. I haven't quite figured it out, but I think that a local company (Wemrock Orchards) leases the land to harvest those apples on. Their cider is delicious.

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Great Pics Ben !! They are all excellent , That 1st one is a real nice shot ! The Battle of Monmouth is a great piece of NJ history ! Looks like you had the entire battlefield to yourself .Thanks for sharing Ben !