More Rain This Year????

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The ordeal is over. I replaced the part on Tuesday and today when I started my car to head home the engine light was finally out.

I have to say I am not a big fan of Honda using Phillip screws to hold parts onto the engine. I was able to get the part off with some serious elbow grease, and while thinking I had to remove another part I stripped the Phillip screw head. I was standing on the engine leaning on the screwdriver with all my weight and still could not get that screw off. As it turns out I did not actually have to remove that screw so it really did not effect me.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
I had a kawasaki motorcycle that used far too many Philips, they are a PITA
Impact driver and hammer is the best for bikes, or any steel screw into aluminum.Always never seize on reassembly. just don't go crazy with the hammer! If you strip the head I have had luck with a small sharp chisel to rotate the screw head

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
and while thinking I had to remove another part I stripped the Phillip screw head.
A shot of Kroil, let it sit awhile and then;

81sLNnF3MeL._SL1500_.jpg

One of the best Hamilton's I've spent.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Yep, I don't even try with the hand screwdriver anymore. It's straight to the impact driver. And if possible, I replace the bolt with a hex head one.

If you really mess one up bad, you can normally grab it with vise-grips. Or worst case, grind off the screw head, remove the part it's retaining, and then hopefully unscrew the headless screw shank from the hole.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The saga continues. The morning after my car hit the bump , the day after Easter, I noticed my tooth seemed a little sore. I believe I was talking when I hit the bump and my top and bottom teeth hit. Ever since then I have had slight pain in the tooth. This morning while brushing my teeth I noticed my tooth is loose. I have been taking a maintenance drug for almost 40 years that causes gum loss and bone loss, and was slightly concerned about the tooth. By this afternoon there was swelling and soreness but the tooth seems to have tightened up. I have an appointment tomorrow to see if it can be saved. It is a front tooth.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
I've smacked my head into things before that made my teeth a little wiggly for a few days. I think the connective tissue gets torn. Mine have always tightened up with no lasting effects after a few days. I wish you the best, dental procedures are my worst nightmare.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I have an appointment tomorrow to see if it can be saved. It is a front tooth.
When I was 18 I tightened down a tennis net and the lever handle mechanism exploded, breaking my two front teeth. Both were capped, but by 1992 one needed to be extracted. I've had a fixed bridge since then. A three tooth appliance, with false tooth in the middle and the two outside teeth are caps, cemented to the ground down pegs of original teeth. It looks completely natural, is permanently anchored, and feels solid. Of course now you can get an implant which I think is almost as good as a real tooth.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I had an X-ray and after examining my tooth I was told there is nothing wrong with it. I saw the X-ray and that appears to be correct. He basically told me what Zach said that after a while it will fix itself. I go back in a month for a cleaning and they will look at it again.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe