More Rain This Year????

Discussion in 'Photographers Phorum' started by Teegate, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

The ordeal is over. I replaced the part on Tuesday and today when I started my car to head home the engine light was finally out.

I have to say I am not a big fan of Honda using Phillip screws to hold parts onto the engine. I was able to get the part off with some serious elbow grease, and while thinking I had to remove another part I stripped the Phillip screw head. I was standing on the engine leaning on the screwdriver with all my weight and still could not get that screw off. As it turns out I did not actually have to remove that screw so it really did not effect me.

2. enormiss

enormiss Explorer

I had a kawasaki motorcycle that used far too many Philips, they are a PITA

3. Broke Jeep Joe

Broke Jeep Joe Explorer

Impact driver and hammer is the best for bikes, or any steel screw into aluminum.Always never seize on reassembly. just don't go crazy with the hammer! If you strip the head I have had luck with a small sharp chisel to rotate the screw head

4. 46er

46er Piney

A shot of Kroil, let it sit awhile and then;

[​IMG]

One of the best Hamilton's I've spent.

5. Broke Jeep Joe

Broke Jeep Joe Explorer

6. Zach McGarvey

Yep, I don't even try with the hand screwdriver anymore. It's straight to the impact driver. And if possible, I replace the bolt with a hex head one.

If you really mess one up bad, you can normally grab it with vise-grips. Or worst case, grind off the screw head, remove the part it's retaining, and then hopefully unscrew the headless screw shank from the hole.