Most excellent 4WD trip

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Check out my adventure on 1/9/05 with a military vehicle club. I thought the M37's were tough, but then I met the Unimog's. Yes, they got me stuck, and then pulled me out. I have sand on my roof, and a new winch! We met at Batsto and crossed Constable Bridge and went up the west side of the Mullica. We eventually ended up at Apple Pie Hill. A great day in one of the best places in the world.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=277

Ed

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like an interesting day.

A winch is a must if you plan on doing that. I would still be out there if it wasn't for the one I had.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Looks like there are more civilian vehicles than military ones there.

normal_IMG_0074.JPG

ecampbell said:
It's the flooded road west of the RR tracks just north of Carranza road.
I know were that is. Last year when it was frozen over I was walking on it with KenDawg. When we were right in the middle of it we heard a loud crack that echoed through the woods. You never saw two people move so fast to get off the ice.

Steve

DR_Rider_N2brk

Dec 21, 2004
Cherry Hill, NJ
love the pix! It reminds me why I stopped 4x4'ing in the pines and take the dirtbike now, hahaha. A few years ago I took my unstoppable truck and stopped it dead in a waterhole off BeaverDam Rd in Warren Grove. OOPS! The dirtbike is cheaper and more resilliant to abuse.

It seems like the 4x4'ing in the Pines is either too easy and boring, or swallow-you-whole. Not a lot in between, though there is some :)

Wal

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I know that puddle you are talking about. I sank a jeep in it. Man was that an awful experience, the inside of the jeep was filled with water almost up to the stick shift. That puddle is the devil! I got around it on a motorcycle though! God bless 'em.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Looks good. My jeep was stock except for some 32" tires, all terrian tires. Not the knobbies you have there. Super Swampers? What size. Looks like you have it lifted also. Makes a big difference over stock!