Motocross/ATV track in Millville

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
From what I hear, the state is seeking to build similar parks in Central and North Jersey but is having a hard time finding land away from NIMBYs. Once the parks are open in all three regions, I also believe that the state will be able to enforce all of the illegal riding going on in the pines.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Just what I need,more friggin noise.I can't believe with the price of gas people have nothing better to do then waste it making noise and tearing crap up.Oh well the woods I used to hang out in right across the swamp from this area is now a desert thanks to the state WMA people.I really need to head to the Rockies are somewhere.This state isn;t going to hell,it's already there.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Once the parks are open in all three regions, I also believe that the state will be able to enforce all of the illegal riding going on in the pines.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that to happen.

Medford Piney

Explorer
Feb 25, 2008
Medford
About the park down south... From a responsible rider with a 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter that like to ride also.

some of the problems with the park with younger riders....
The rules and regulations of the park make it impossilbe for children under 16 to ride there,
first off they require everyone under 16 to ride a bide or quad less then 90cc's, also all bikes and quads must have a working taillight and headlight. So, my son, and average sized kids for his age, all the bikes around that are 90cc or under are to small for him, if he sits on them his knees are higher then the handlebars almost, there are some 85cc mini motorcross type bikes, these bikes are powered above his riding abilitiy, Major saftey concern. Beside none of the under 90cc bike have headlights. So this place is not an option for me to bring my kids to so they can ride..

Also there is a 25 person per 3 hour shift 2 times a day on Fri-Sat and Sun only, first come first serve...

Hey but if your the Mayor of said township, you can ride around with no helmet on a none complient bike for the photo ops....

Joseph Hayes

Mar 13, 2013
From a hiker, mountain biker and ATV rider the problem i see with the current park is its a track in a sand pit, Nj has alot of illegal riding, why its illegal is a different opinion of mine and it really shouldnt be. However most of the illegal riding is done on state land but there is no tracks on state land, its just trails. The state needs to look at designating trails or designing a facility with trails for ATV/Dirtbike use. Not everyone wants to ride around a sand pit eating dust. Some if not most of us enjoy miles of trails at your own pace.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Welcome to the site Joseph. Since you're new, you should be aware that threads about ORV/ATV's have gotten very ugly in the past, to the point that Ben called a moratorium on discussion a few years ago. Everyone has been cool in this thread, but it could go downhill really fast and that would be a shame.

I have opinions on this too, as does everyone around here, but I'll keep them to myself. ;) Anyway, just thought you should know...

Joseph Hayes

Mar 13, 2013
Understood, I am someone who sees both sides of the story as i enjoy many sorts of outdoor recreation. Just really voicing opinion, with it will always become debate but it needs to be handled the right way. One day there will be hope that everyone can share the parks, oneday who knows how long, it could be beneficial to all if done correctly.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just really voicing opinion

Right. But that's the problem, because then others voice their opinions that differ from yours. I can't speak for Ben (who owns the site), but in the past he was pretty blunt in saying that if you want to discuss ORV use, you're on the wrong site.

Anyway, just a word to the wise. Of course you are free to do whatever you like. :)

Joseph Hayes

Mar 13, 2013
Yea i know what your saying, I already belong to an ORV forum, I joined this forum to learn more from others on some historic stops along trails and where there prime locations are for sight seeing, hiking..etc...