mt .misery rd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Piney1125 said:
So, the Cherry Hill School District must lease it out or something?

I would assume that is how it works. My mom did say that there have been times when they were not able to stay the full week, and only went a few days. Also, one time they were not able to go there for some reason, and went elsewhere. Maybe they were late in picking the week they wanted, and some other school had that week.

Guy

B

BarryC

Interesting stuff. I had no idea. I've heard of these camps from time to time, but never knew much.
TeeGate said:
Piney1125 said:
So, the Cherry Hill School District must lease it out or something?

I would assume that is how it works. My mom did say that there have been times when they were not able to stay the full week, and only went a few days. Also, one time they were not able to go there for some reason, and went elsewhere. Maybe they were late in picking the week they wanted, and some other school had that week.

Guy

Mt. Misery and Sooy Place are both Methodist camps. I don't know much about the history of Mt. Misery, but the Delanco Camp at Sooy Place was originally in the town of Delanco. On Burlington Ave. in Delanco there is a small shopping center with a 7-11 and the post office called "Camp Meeting Grounds" or something like that. The Delanco Camp was here originally. (So I'm told. I'm too young to remember.) The camp relocated to Sooy Place and took many of the original buildings with them.

Mark

P

pineghost182

Mt. misey road is pretty cool at night. the place in Delanco that is reffered to as the camp meeting grounds, is still known as the camp meeting grounds. It is right next to a BP gas station and on the corner of Burlington Ave. and Coopertown Rd. It is really neat that a place about and hour away has close ties with the pines.

Does any one know about the house at the end of the road?
somewhere on the net theres a site that claims that a man went crazy many years ago and killed a couple people and then killed himself.
Is this true or a bunch of bull?

xerin27

Aug 30, 2004
stupid mt misery

i went to that place for a week..
yes the cherry hill school district uses the place from monday-friday.
they use different "cabins" ..some slept 5-6 people. all had a stupid bathroom with a shower and that crap. they freaky part was the roon in the middle between 2 rooms where you slept in. a buch of us girls SWORE we heard some foot steps in the other room and the other room had chairs and stuff.

it sucked... the best part was the "nature" walk at night... but that had like 10 parents on it so it was a big woopie cus you wernt freaked out... but i did stick by the boys.

in my book... the place isnt even worth the drive.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
stupid mt misery

xerin27 said:
they use different "cabins" ..some slept 5-6 people. all had a stupid bathroom with a shower and that crap. they freaky part was the roon in the middle between 2 rooms where you slept in. a buch of us girls SWORE we heard some foot steps in the other room and the other room had chairs and stuff.

it sucked... the best part was the "nature" walk at night... but that had like 10 parents on it so it was a big woopie cus you wernt freaked out... but i did stick by the boys.

Wow!! You must have really hated that place :)

Did you go to Cherry Hill schools?

Guy

xerin27

Aug 30, 2004
stupid mt misery

TeeGate said:
xerin27 said:

Wow!! You must have really hated that place :)

Did you go to Cherry Hill schools?

Guy

yeah i didnt like the place. i guess its one thing going with friends and whoever.. but in my book the place wasnt freaky at all. the best part was when someone fell in the water. big woopie :spank: ive gone to cherry hill schools from 1st-10th grade till i thought it sucked so bad i droped out and got my ged. cherry hill schools are the worse. i wouldnt send my kids *if i had some* there if i was given 2 million dollars. i still live in cherry hill and hate this place.
any places around me that i could go to that are "haunted" or freaky?
me and a couple of friends want to go camping but with the damn troopers they find ya and fine ya.
cya
-erin

stupid mt misery

xerin27 said:
yeah i didnt like the place. i guess its one thing going with friends and whoever.. but in my book the place wasnt freaky at all. the best part was when someone fell in the water. big woopie :spank: ive gone to cherry hill schools from 1st-10th grade till i thought it sucked so bad i droped out and got my ged. cherry hill schools are the worse. i wouldnt send my kids *if i had some* there if i was given 2 million dollars. i still live in cherry hill and hate this place.
any places around me that i could go to that are "haunted" or freaky?
me and a couple of friends want to go camping but with the damn troopers they find ya and fine ya.
cya
-erin

Cherry Hill Schools are that bad? They always seemed to have a pretty good reputation.

For camping, just get a camping permit from one of the ranger stations. I think they $15 or so, and the camp sites can fit a few tents. $15 isn't too bad, and it beats getting a ticket.

As for scary stuff, can't think of anything in or near Cherry Hill...

njvike said:
MikeBickerson said:
Na, Camden is a happy place. You can frolic there among the scenery :pigfly:

I was at Pavonia yard taking shots of some trains there about a month ago. I was wondering who was going to take a shot at me: :rolleyes:

Many, many moons ago there was a bar there called the Pavonia House that I would often go to. You wouldn't catch me dead there now. (or maybe you would. :( )
I recently read the history of Camden County and it seems that section of Camden was very nice at one time.

Steve

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My friend is a plumber. He went in to Camden 3 years ago to get a fitting he needed at a particular specialty shop. While he was stopped at a light, a nasty dirty hooker jumped in the passenger seat and grabbed his thigh. Asked him did he wanta. He had to physically push her out the door. :crazy:

xerin27

Aug 30, 2004
stupid mt misery

Boyd said:
MikeBickerson said:
Cherry Hill Schools are that bad? They always seemed to have a pretty good reputation.

Big rivalry between Cherry Hill East and Cherry Hill West

As for scary stuff, can't think of anything in or near Cherry Hill...

Camden? :wink:

haha other then camden.. thats funny to go to and see the hookers on the side of the road. once you have a cherry hill rich kid with you.. they will be floored to see that shit.

there isnt a big rivalry. i went to both east and west. they could care less cus both of them know they both suck and all the people want to do is get out of the schools. cherry hill east is snoby... known for its crack. cherry hill west is for the skaters and punks... known for its weed.
i swear.. this city should burn in hell and ill be cheering on the way down :friday:

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
BEHR655 said:
njvike said:
MikeBickerson said:
Na, Camden is a happy place. You can frolic there among the scenery :pigfly:

I was at Pavonia yard taking shots of some trains there about a month ago. I was wondering who was going to take a shot at me: :rolleyes:

Many, many moons ago there was a bar there called the Pavonia House that I would often go to. You wouldn't catch me dead there now. (or maybe you would. :( )
I recently read the history of Camden County and it seems that section of Camden was very nice at one time.

Steve

At first I was very apprehensive of taking the family to see the state aquarium but we scoped the area out first and it looked like you were safe seeing there were many police cars. So, we did go and it was fine. We also took a tour of the Battleship NJ and glad we went.

I believe Camden was just another one of those areas that lost out due the loss of manufacturing jobs. Is RCA and Campbell soup still located there?

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
JerseyJim said:
my job brings me to Camden almost everyday and you can see that at one time it was a nice place to live, now it's a nice place if you wear a bullet proof vest

Sounds just like so many other cities around the country. I can remember when Newark, Patterson and Passaic were also nice places to live or visit; I don't think you can do either now.

Ken

Camden still has its nice areas. I went to confirmation classes in the Fairview section a few years back (10 years now? Geez...) and it was as nice as say, Audubon or Pennsauken. The Rutgers campus isn't too bad either, lots of security around there. The waterfront where the battleship, aquarium, baseball stadium, and concert hall (is it the Tweeter Center now? I can't keep track) is nice as well.

One great spot in Camden in the Camden County Historical Society/Pamona Hall, although it isn't the best area. A friend of mine made it his Eagle Project to repaint and help repair that place a while back, so I got to wander around, even down in the storage area where they keep all of the antiques not on display (as featured on the spinoff to Antique Roadshow, Find!, with the Keno brothers. And I still haven't caught that episode :x ). It was almost worth inhaling all that lead paint that I was scraping off the walls without warning. One day, I shall have my revenge Avir, one day...

I know RCA abandoned Camden years ago, I'm pretty sure that Campbells has too. Poor Camden...

My favorite part of Camden is the complete lack of road signs, which have all been torn down. I went to see my friend play soccer at Rutgers and got to play the "Hey, let's turn down this street" game... :shock: