Mullica Water Level

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
I'm taking the kids on one last paddling overnighter before school starts. Maybe this w/e or next.
Has any one been on the Mullica lately, and if so, could you let me know about the water levels, any bad portages, etc.? It'll be the just the 2 kids and myself canoeing from the mill to Constable Bridge.
If we take the dog, we may do a Batsto/Lower Forge trip. Thx

(If we get any good pics, I'll post them up.)

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hi PB
Check out a recent report and perhaps contact MarkBNJ on this site. He was on the Mullica 8/16 and had no trouble with portages.....
(Nature & Environment / "Noah" post #15)

With the continuing rain it doesn't seem that you should have a problem. You may get some showers at night. Enjoy your trip and we look forward to photos!

turtle

bushwacker

Scout
May 18, 2009
port republic
water level

The USGS has a great site that has real time water flow data for all our streams..every paddler should know about it

right now the mullica is flowing about 60% higher than normal for this time of year

the site is at waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis

enjoy

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
It was quite high last Sunday, but I don't know what the changes have been since. I live up north, and it's been dry since then with the exception of a brief thundershower last night.

We went in a little north of Locks Bridge Rd., and worked our way upstream a couple of miles. There were two bars, or submerged beaver dams, as I recall. Going upstream they required a few hard strokes to get over. Going down we just slipped right past them. There were one or two narrow squeezes, but no climb-overs or portages. It was quite a nice trip, with far fewer insects at mid-afternoon than I would have expected.