Muscle

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
All this searching for old vehicles on the web made me nostalgic for better days. The below is the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T that I owned. It had a pumped up 383 magnum engine with the Hurst 4 speed pistol grip shifter. Once she got breathing up around 80 MPH, she really had great pickup. My wife (ex) and my son--circa 1988.

CHALLMED.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Always a Mopar man myself back then. Great photo Bob!

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Whoa!!!! Seriously nice ride there Bob!! I had no idea you had a car like that. If I can figure out how to get old photos digital I'll show you my old ride. It was a '69 Mercury cougar xr7 convertible with a 351W. That's right, I said convertible. I got it around '89 when I was like 18 or 19.

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Whoa!!!! Seriously nice ride there Bob!! I had no idea you had a car like that. If I can figure out how to get old photos digital I'll show you my old ride. It was a '69 Mercury cougar xr7 convertible with a 351W. That's right, I said convertible. I got it around '89 when I was like 18 or 19. Jeff

Love to see it Jeff. Dig it out! Just scan it and crop it out.

This isn't the best picture I will have to dig some out tomorrow. This was my first car I had. This is what it looked like when I bought it in 1987. I have alot of pictures after my Dad and I restored it. believe it or not I still have it actually and my oldest son wants it.

1961 Ford Galaxie 2 door hardtop

61fordgalaxie.jpg

It took us forever to find that rear piece of molding (the missing piece)

See that large tan boat(76 Lincoln Continental) in the background? That was originally my mothers car and it became mine to drive to school and work till I finished my car. My friend's nicknamed it the large yellow barge

The truck to the left is my Dad's 1985 Ford F 350 super duty, we called it his Mule when we were kid's and it still sticks now.(The Mule) At the time that was my Dad's work truck and when he passed away he left that to me and I still use that truck now.

The Volkswagon is my sisters (i think it is a 1972 superbeetle) she still has that to and her son (my nephew) and my brother in law are thinking of redoing it.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Whoa!!!! Seriously nice ride there Bob!! I had no idea you had a car like that. If I can figure out how to get old photos digital I'll show you my old ride. It was a '69 Mercury cougar xr7 convertible with a 351W. That's right, I said convertible. I got it around '89 when I was like 18 or 19.

Jeff

no way are you that old jeff.I'd put you at 8 or 9 then.come on,no way are you almost 40.
Al

Jeff
Nice Car!!!

I have a 67 cougar. It's not a convertable but it is a 2 door hard top so it looks like a convertable. (sort of) I will take sime pictures of it tomorrow.
Did yours have the break away steering column?

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Alright!! We're goin' nostalgic!!! My first car was a 1977 Camaro Z28. Got in '78 when I was 17. Wasn't the fastest car around, but looked good!! wish I still had it. If I come across a pic of it, I'll scan it in and post it,

Maxwellandson, I'm jealous. All those great cars and trucks in the family. My Dad had a 76 Lincoln town car that I took to my senior prom. That thing was a cruise ship!!

Alright!! We're goin' nostalgic!!! My first car was a 1977 Camaro Z28. Got in '78 when I was 17. Wasn't the fastest car around, but looked good!! wish I still had it. If I come across a pic of it, I'll scan it in and post it,

Maxwellandson, I'm jealous. All those great cars and trucks in the family. My Dad had a 76 Lincoln town car that I took to my senior prom. That thing was a cruise ship!!

that's funny , that Lincoln in the background is a 76 Lincoln continential
when I was driving it to high school my friends nicknamed it the yellow barge.
you would be suprised how many people you could fit in a large yellow barge.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
All this searching for old vehicles on the web made me nostalgic for better days. The below is the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T that I owned. It had a pumped up 383 magnum engine with the Hurst 4 speed pistol grip shifter. Once she got breathing up around 80 MPH, she really had great pickup. My wife (ex) and my son--circa 1988.

CHALLMED.JPG

Now I know why you like to rip up the woods roads at 60 mph! Flashbacks.
A fast car, a pretty wife and a youngster. Good times right there Bob.

I had a '72 Chevelle that I drove from '75 until '82. I bought it used from my sister.
Nothing too awful fast, just a 307 with Hedman headers and the aircleaner lid turned upside down to help her breathe. Backyard performance tricks.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Scott, the chevelle came with a 454 at one time? Or was that just the designation of the model---engine was a 427? Down right dangerous weapon at that size engine.

George, lets hear the story on that vette, year-model-how attained, etc.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
340 Cuda

My 1970 340 Cuda with Hurst pistol grip, I really liked that shifter. The picture was taken at Chatsworth Lake abuut 1972. I sure wish I still had it.

340_Cuda.jpg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott, the chevelle came with a 454 at one time? Or was that just the designation of the model---engine was a 427? Down right dangerous weapon at that size engine.

In '71, the last year before choking anti pollution crap was introduced, you could get the Chevelle and the Monte Carlo in a 454 c.i. 425 HP version.

I remember your car being available in a 440c.i. "Six pack" The neighbor kid had one.
Three two barrels stacked behind each other on a high rise intake.

Yee F'in haw!

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Largo - Nice Vette you have there. Looks like it's a 74-77 with an early 80's front bumper? I may have mentioned this in a post before, but I presently own an '07 convertible 'Vette with 2800 miles. My plan is to have my grandkids drive it. When I get grandkids!!

Bobpbx - Yes, you could get 454's in the Chevelles back in the day. And, if you ordered it and had the Yenko or Baldwin Motin package, you could have gotten a beefed up 427!!!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown

It's a bit long and you know me Bob.
Suffice to say it's a mutt of sorts, a primary model of one year that is in QQ status, aftermarket mods and some other year's stuff thrown in 'cause I liked certain panels better. No where on it does it say "Corvette" stripped of all emblems and trim including antennae. Only the Stingray emblems remain. I powder coated the luggage rack black because not only did it come out a very cool accent but you can't get good chrome anymore. Pretty tame under the hood.
Some obvious upgrades but nothing hairy in the way of a 350 (I spent twice on other motors in many other cars and trucks than what I have in this) You can see that my wheel selection rounded off a clean look that was a simple soft mod that just came out looking sharp without all kind of "stuff"
It's showing it's age believe me. I was never afraid to take it out and the only reason I don't much care for wet weather is the handling. I don't mind it getting dirty. It has seen many beach trips to LBI and seen has done a little PBX work itself.
Attainment was... It was my Eighteenth Birthday gift to me.
My parents always provided for me but in no way could afford me this car and I had so many others in the works what was one more. I actually was in the lot looking for a particular 4x4 Chevy truck that had my eye but I saw some things I didn't care for about it and I am not really much of a 4x4 guy and walking back to my car I passed the Vette. Minus alot of what you see. I had a vision for it instantly. I bought it with me own hard earned $$ and through all the years I still have it.
Oh it's got tales to tell believe me.

Some of the the other car's I've had and built were really hairy in different ways.