Music for the day

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I followed the Dead during the Ship of Fools Tour all along the east coast. What a great time. I think that was the summer tour of '94 . My friends and I lived out of a Subaru stationwagon traveling from places like Highgate, Vermont to Buckeye, Ohio. The trip as a whole is blurry but I do remember that Steve Miller opened for them a few times. That tune brought back memories. Thanks.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

I have an album Van Morrison put out titled "Night in San Franciscon (Live) where Mr. Hooker was a guest artist. Very cool stuff. Regarding Van, if people stopped listening after "Brown-eyed Girl", they are really missing it. He is one of my top 10 favorite artists and his later music is much more pleasing to me then his early stuff.

This one by Van really stirs the soul, and he puts his whole effort into it. It's not live, but worth listening too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCCtRqq5mA

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is not your usual music link, but it involves music and asks us all to get out of our vehicle and enjoy nature.

http://wimp.com/musicpainting/

Guy

A lot of effort went into that. Nice.

I often think that we need a way to type out the words to a song in our conversations and the person reading it would instantly hear the music in their head that goes with it. For instance if I typed that "I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink"
you would not instantly link it to a Beatles song and 'hear' the music too....but that is what I would hope to do sometimes. For instance, I love putting songs snatches in my signature, but I'm betting only I hear the music when I see it. Everyone else just reads the words silently.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For instance, I love putting songs snatches in my signature, but I'm betting only I hear the music when I see it. Everyone else just reads the words silently.

I can't say I hear the music when you do that, but I can say I liked the Bamber airplane one.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
If I know the song I hear the music. Most of my dreams have music in the background. Botanizing with Turtle usually is accompanied with song lyrics.