Music for the day

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice!
Have you ever heard of a band called "Great Divide"? They are hard to find online because of the commoness of the term.I think their from Oklahoma and very good.I'll have to see if I can find some of their stuff.I have four of their cd's
That second one sounds a little like some of Charlie Daniels guitar player.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I have never seen anyone play with their thumb before! I kept expecting the guitar or amp to burst into flame.

It is a pretty common technique. Hendrix did it a lot but it was used before him. It was considered bad technique by classical guitarists and rightfully so, but steel string acoustics and electric guitar necks are easy to reach around. It is something you are unlikely to notice if the camera doesn't highlight it so I am not surprised you haven't noticed it before.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I get hired to transcribe guitar parts to songs and it is interesting what I come across. here are a couple jobs I had recently.

this one is odd. Like a children's song for adults. It could be sad depending on your situation....or your attitude toward it.

And on a lighter note.....I saw this guy with Tony Rice a bunch of years ago. great show. I also teach his back up singer's nephew.

Jeff

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I used to be a John Hartford fan back in the 70's but haven't listened to him much since then. I remember seeing a solo concert in a small venue at Carnegie Mellon University, maybe 1976 or 77. He was quite a showman, playing a variety of instruments and also singing acapella. There was some kind of board on the floor and taps on his shoes for doing percussion effects with his feet. The show was a mix of traditional bluegrass and his own strange style. A lot more up-beat than that clip. :)

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
I used to be a John Hartford fan back in the 70's but haven't listened to him much since then. I remember seeing a solo concert in a small venue at Carnegie Mellon University, maybe 1976 or 77. He was quite a showman, playing a variety of instruments and also singing acapella. There was some kind of board on the floor and taps on his shoes for doing percussion effects with his feet. The show was a mix of traditional bluegrass and his own strange style. A lot more up-beat than that clip. :)

It sounds like soft shoe.