Music for the day

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That was going through my head while getting prepared for finding it. :)

Reactions: oji

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
One of the best groups of the late 60's. Felix had a voice that carried the entire song, and all the way through. And, I never really knew how good that drummer Dino was (seriously, check him out in this video). He was a phenomenal performer. Not surprised that they are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and deservedly so. And, they are Jersey boys!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Don't know him, but he must be good, people seem to rate him very high in comparison to the greats.

He is very talented Bob and seems to be a regular guy. He was the drummer for Nirvana until Kurt Cobain blew his brains out. Grohl went on to form the Foo Fighters where he is lead vocal and plays guitar. Check YouTube for Dave Grohl Drums and you will be amazed. He even played against Animal on the Muppets. There is a YouTube clip of that too.

I really like the Foo Fighters. Here is one of my favorites. (He does not drum in this.) Also check out Learn To Fly.

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Learn to Fly is one of the best video's ever. They play many of the parts. Jack Black is in it in the beginning and the end.

Dave Grohl has a great video where he brings up from the audience the man who beat him out in high school in a music talent contest. He then lets him play with them.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Learn to Fly is one of the best video's ever. ...

Holy Moly Guy,
I somehow can't picture you as a Foo Fighters fan but then again, you may think the same about me.
Party on Wayne !
And now for our Hippy friend Bob, here is another Foo Fighters video complete with 60's style kaleidoscopic visual effects.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob the hippy has gone through a lot of different music in his life. Changes, changes, changes. I never got into Nirvana at all, too depressing for me, and that period of time I was more into easy listening music. I've been known to give away music others cherish because I did not like it at all....couldn't stand it actually. I just gave away 3 CD's to my friend that featured Stevie Ray Vaughn. It all sounded the same to me, and it sounded like covers of songs every blues guitar players do. I also gave away 18 albums by Tom Waits, who I do like, but not to where I care to keep any of his music around. They were given to me.

For the last 6 years or so I've collected a dozen CD's by Stan Ridgway. He was the front man from Wall of Voodoo. He is a genius writer and composer. One of the things I like about him is that his songs are like stories and his diction is perfect (and none of that damn screaming, I hate that!). I saw Stan at World Café Live this past September. Great show, but too short! Stan is out of LA. Not a lot of his live stuff on you tube, but this provides a good flavor of his skill.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I hear you Brother Bob. My tastes are constantly evolving as well.
I can't even listen to things I really liked in the 70's and 80's. I should really consider off-loading a lot of my vinyl as you did.

My tastes today are all over the map.
The playlist on my phone includes Rob Zombie, The Beastie Boys, Whiskey Myers, Blackberry Smoke, Five Finger Death Punch, George Jones, Jamey Johnson, Metallica, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Smashing Pumpkins, Patty Loveless, The Black Keys and Johnny Cash and of course, the Foo Fighters.

I let my playlist run on shuffle mode while sitting around a campfire up in the mountains a few weeks ago with Dottie and two close friends of ours who we have known for over 30 years.
After about an hour of listening to my music, my friend's wife looked at me and asked, "Who are you ?"
:)

Reactions: long-a-coming

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I see you stuck a couple of country singers in there Scott. I thought you liked more country music than you did the other style. I do like some country, but not that new country that sings only about being in the bar and drunk stuff. Two people I like a lot are in the same video here; Tom Russel and Nanci Griffith. In my opinion, they are transitional country, as they also do folk and other styles. They are mostly cover song singers (I think).