Music for the day

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I've always wanted to drive the Blue Ridge Pkwy down to the Smokies. Maybe someday soon.

http://www.cadescove.net/history/
A very nice ride, I've done it 3 or 4 times on 2 and 4 wheels and enjoyed every mile. Allow 3 days to get from Front Royal to Gatlinburg, Tn. The speed limit probably averages 35 mph, and with the views and stops along the way it takes longer than you might expect. Avoid weekends if possible as Skyline Drive can get busy, but where it ends and the Blue Ridge Parkway begins the crowds thin out.

Reactions: 46er and manumuskin

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A very nice ride, I've done it 3 or 4 times on 2 and 4 wheels and enjoyed every mile. Allow 3 days to get from Front Royal to Gatlinburg, Tn. The speed limit probably averages 35 mph, and with the views and stops along the way it takes longer than you might expect. Avoid weekends if possible as Skyline Drive can get busy, but where it ends and the Blue Ridge Parkway begins the crowds thin out.

We have been to Shenandoah NP many times.
thumbs-up-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
Just need to decide spring or autumn for the Blue Ridge, right now its a tie :rolleyes:

60249347.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Did you ever wonder how they did the music for The Good, the Bad & the Ugly? It is so cool to see how it was made after all these years. Some of you may not be old enough to remember this classic from the '60s'. Here it is anyway. This is fantastic. Turn it up nice and loud and enjoy. For those still caught in the '60s groove -- this is the answer to how that magnificent signature tune came about...Superb....wait till the guy whistles!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Even though I've never been a Prince fan he was a true artist. It just seems fitting to pay tribute.

He is up there with the great ones. I liked some of his work, and especially his attitude, shown during his performance at Super Bowl XLI. Hoping the end did not come the way it comes to so many.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Check this out, you may like it.

In my much younger years, friends and I would cut school early and make the short trip to the village Friday nights when Dylan was beginning; McDougal, Jones, Bleeker streets all bring back fond memories of him, Baez and others. A lot of his music came out of the village. Some of the coffee houses are still there. I think I have every one of his early albums :D Never got to see Cash unfortunately.