Music for the day

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014

This Thursday night (yep, 4-20) The Grateful Dead Movie will be shown in "select" theaters .
If you go, look for me. I'll be the one in the tie-dyed tee.

Reactions: bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I know not everyone likes the Dead (I know it but don't understand it) that's why I put them up doing a Merle Haggard tune..............
Maybe a little Marty Robbins is more to your liking?

Negative on the Marty Robbins ninemileskid.

No hard feelings.
I don't just dislike the Dead, I actually hate them. Just ask Bob. :)
I can't explain why that is. Maybe it was my upbringing.

If you want to listen to a kid (36 years old is a kid to me) that pulls off the old country sound of Haggard and a person who you will likely never hear on mainstream radio, try some Cody Jinks.
Here is his cover of The Way I Am.

And if Bob and I were ever in a bar this would be playing in the background. Guess who the Hippy would be ?

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Reactions: manumuskin

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Negative on the Marty Robbins ninemileskid.

No hard feelings.
I don't just dislike the Dead, I actually hate them. Just ask Bob. :)
I can't explain why that is. Maybe it was my upbringing.

If you want to listen to a kid (36 years old is a kid to me) that pulls off the old country sound of Haggard and a person who you will likely never hear on mainstream radio, try some Cody Jinks.
Here is his cover of The Way I Am.

And if Bob and I were ever in a bar this would be playing in the background. Guess who the Hippy would be ?

Not bad. I do like that country / cowboy sound. I'll listen to Waylon, his kid Shooter, Townes Van Sant, Jerry Jeff Walker and of course Willie all day long. It's always good to get a lead on someone I haven't heard before. Thanks

Reactions: RednekF350

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
They are all good. :D They have started up shows at The Barn again, not sure who's behind it. This looks like it may be interesting, expensive, but interesting;

https://www.levonhelm.com/shows/2017/8/25/camp-cripple-creek

The show that clip is from, 'The Last Waltz', has been on cable quite a few times recently.

Can't help but stop and watch The Last Waltz when I'm channel surfing. So much talent on that stage. Dylan doing Forever Young.....outstanding.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
"The great Gaels of Ireland
are the men that God made mad.
For all their wars are merry,
and all their songs are sad"

I grew up listening to "the Irish Hour" on me mum's kitchen radio.

If you like that Irish flavor lad check out a band called Wake the Dead
I will check them out.Been listening to Celtic since the late 80's,that Cajun and Native American and of course Classic Country,Classic Rock and Golden Oldies,Jam Bands,about anything but Opera and Metal.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
and if Bob and I were ever in a bar this would be playing in the background. Guess who the Hippy would be ?

I like that song, and I like his rough voice. Made me think of Tom Selleck in "Monte Walsh" (and I never knew until today that Lee Marvin starred in the same title in 1970--I'll have to watch that one).

Reactions: RednekF350