Naked man hiking.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
OK, so I have been hiking on the Batona trail the past couple of days and yesterday I was setting up my hammock at the batona camp when I heard one of the pit privies doors open and I looked up to see a totally stark naked man walk out the door and turn to hike the trail toward apple pie hill. No shoes, no undies, not even a hat! Any of you members ever come across this before? Any of you actually this person?

Reactions: Dog Daze Hiker

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Apparently this is happening quite often. It happened during the Forked River Mountain cleanup recently.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I read a book about the Appalachian trail once and it referred to nude hikers at Sunfish Pond NJ.There at least at the time the book was written around 1980 no laws forbidding nudity on federal land so you legally could prance around nude on federal land which the AT was.I"m not sure if this refers to state land which Wharton and Stokes state forest are.He may legally be allowed to do this on state property.There is also a sport called Canuding,give you one guess what that is.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I see nothing wrong with walking around naked in the woods, but do it where people will not see you. Nobody wants to stumble upon that sight while enjoying the woods. And more than likely there is nothing worthwhile to see anyway.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I could not imagine a barrens Bushwack buck nekked.I look like I"ve been thrashed even when wearing camo fatigues.Imagine the fun the deer flies would have.Skinny dippin is one thing but a cross country hike in the raw? We wear clothes for a reason.We weren't born with a tough fur coat or scales like the critters.I love the Barrens but their not the Garden of Eden.

Reactions: Jason Bladzinski

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I admit to walking naked in the pines a couple of times. Usually on one of those 90 degree September days with no humidity. It was out there where no one "should" be but me. It is quite liberating and very refreshing. It is hard to explain, but I did it because I could and wanted to experience the freedom.

:cool:

PS: obviously, that guy you saw had a different agenda.

Reactions: coppersisters

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
Exactly what I'm talking about here. Not so much I care he is nude, I think he is nuts for the damage he is doing to not his body. Sand on the feet only in cleared areas otherwise the ground is littered with all kinds of junk to funk up your feet. Plus now, the sqeeters, gnats, and ticks will eat you alive! About the other animals, they have a rough go too man, the horses get eaten alive too. It's the birds and reptiles that seem to fare the best. The birds I think because they fly, the reptiles because I think they have nice smooth strong scales, and with what grows on the deep water turtles, I just don't think they care. Oh yeah, I forgot walking into all those damn spiders webs! I literally yell out in anger alone on the trail from all the bleeping spiders webs I walk into every few steps!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Most birds are full of mites.Every wild bird I"ve happened to have handled,mostly babies out of the nest or injured adults were all full of mites.Snakes often to have ticks but not like mammals and they have absolutely no way to get them off.I've walked nekked in some way out spots as well,never went any distance,just walking around camp or a skinny dippin hole where it's open and sandy.Took some showers under waterfalls in the mountains that had no trails to them but nude trail walkin ain't for me.Pack straps would tear me up.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I read a book about the Appalachian trail once and it referred to nude hikers at Sunfish Pond NJ.There at least at the time the book was written around 1980 no laws forbidding nudity on federal land so you legally could prance around nude on federal land which the AT was.I"m not sure if this refers to state land which Wharton and Stokes state forest are.He may legally be allowed to do this on state property.There is also a sport called Canuding,give you one guess what that is.

Lol.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There at least at the time the book was written around 1980 no laws forbidding nudity on federal land so you legally could prance around nude on federal land which the AT was.I"m not sure if this refers to state land which Wharton and Stokes state forest are. He may legally be allowed to do this on state property.

Head north young man, head north ;) or southeast :D

• Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, a part of the National Park Service's multi-state Gateway National Recreation Area, is a clothing-optional beach by custom and is the largest such beach in the Northeastern United States (there are several other public beaches on Sandy Hook where nudity is not tolerated). In 1999, New Jersey passed a law, a bill that prohibits all types of nudism on state or municipal beaches, making Gunnison Beach the only legal nude beach in the state, since it is on federal land not subject to state or municipal regulations.[Gunnison Beach offers dramatic views of Brooklyn and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and is officially recognized as clothing-optional with permanent park signs and full lifeguard and police protection. It is the largest clothing-optional beach on the Atlantic coast of the US, and draws more than 5,000 visitors per day on most sunny summer weekends.
  • Sunset Beach on the west, bay side of Cape May. This is not a sanctioned nudist area (see previous), but nudity is commonplace here nevertheless.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Nudity.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
There is the Naked Man of Oswego that wears a booney and hangs out with a yellow dog.

:eek: Some things can't be unseen!!!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Sunset Beach is not a nude beach.every so often the nudists get run off by the law.Mostly Homos (men) there.I went there once.That was enough for me.(I had clothes on) I was about 20,they were looking at me like I was candy.I got the hell out of there and never went back.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I this the guy that hangs out on the far side of the lake, sitting in a beach chair and reads books? We like to picnic there and if he is there the next time we will say hello and have our lunch. Pictures to follow. :eek:
I've seen a naked man on Rabbit Island, by Constable Bridge, paddling upstream from Lower Forge, it just goes on.
One topless woman paddling upstream of Lock-Bridge.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Is this the guy that hangs out on the far side of the lake, sitting in a beach chair and reads books?

Yeah it sounds like the same fellow, except I have seen him along the river above the lake.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It is truly amazing the sight's I have seen on the GSP over the 22+ years from my seat in the company commuter van. :eek: