Nash's Cabin

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
So, why does everyone think that Ogden Nash used this cabin? Barry first showed me the spot and in the course of our conversation mentioned that he never found any data to back that claim up. I have also searched a bit and haven't found any information related to Ogden Nash being anywhere near the Pine Barrens.

Interestingly enough, though, my GPS calls the trail that leads to the cabin, "Nash's Cabin Road."

I supposed the first step would be to find out when the road was first planned out and go from there.

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
I found some info about Nash's cabin, that may help. In the "Iron in the Pines " book, by Arthur Pierce, on pages 101,102,103 from the Martha Furnace diary, it says that a James Nash worked at Martha Furnace in 1810. I do not know if he lived there, but it is a coincedence.

B

BarryC

It sure is strange. I asked on my site one time, if it really was Ogden Nash's cabin up there, and someone (can't remember who) said it definitely is. How they know I have no idea.
bruset said:
So, why does everyone think that Ogden Nash used this cabin? Barry first showed me the spot and in the course of our conversation mentioned that he never found any data to back that claim up. I have also searched a bit and haven't found any information related to Ogden Nash being anywhere near the Pine Barrens.

Interestingly enough, though, my GPS calls the trail that leads to the cabin, "Nash's Cabin Road."

I supposed the first step would be to find out when the road was first planned out and go from there.