New Forum Software

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Ben, is there a way to link to a specific start time in a Youtube video? YouTube creates the proper link, but the forum software strips the time out no matter what I try, even with the bbcode editor. For example, this is the link I was trying to post, which should start at 11:31 into the video.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1fl2kc3mM&t=11m31s

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Weird. It looks like the software is trying to automatically embed the video into the thread display. I'll look and see if there's options to control it's behavior, but I think there might not be.

As a workaround, you can go to http://bit.ly and make a short link and paste that in your post. That will at least give a link direct to youtube and should respect the alternate start time of the video.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Cool, thanks Ben. Yeah, the forum software parses the link no matter what I do, even if I manually insert it between URL tags. But it's no big deal and not worth wasting your time on. Just wondered if you knew some trick to prevent the link from getting rewritten.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Or add a space at the end of the URL before the closing URL tag.

That doesn't seem to work for me. If I put this into a post

Code:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1fl2kc3mM&t=11m31s [/url]

The link still gets rewritten and the video starts at the beginning, like this

Code:
[media=youtube]-X1fl2kc3mM[/media]

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I always posted photo's at 800 pixels wide and one never had to click on them to make the photo larger. The software now does not support 800 pixels wide without clicking to make it larger. Is this something you have set or is it the software?

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Personally, I like the new software since I can post much larger images and have them fit in a "normal" sized window. Then anybody who wants to see all the details can click on them to zoom.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I have a question about attachments.... is it possible to attach the same image to more than one post and have it display inline? I copied the bbcode for an attachment from one of my old posts and pasted it into a new post. The result is a link that will display the image, but not the actual inline image.

View attachment 1895

Not a big deal at all, just curious if I am missing something.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Ben, I recently noticed a problem when using a map link in a members post. A blue box presents itself in a partially loaded map image and in this is "Could not load GPX document function URL () {[native code]}". I have to click "OK" in order for the map to finish loading. I am using Chrome on this particular netbook. Could this error be on my end?