New Look

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

Glad to see the site back up, I was getting withdraw. I am now for some reason able to access the site with Safari where I could not before. The banners changing is nice, and I see you still have the Buckingham photo in there, or at least one that looks like it. Glad to see that one. Your changes have eliminated that odd look on Safari where the bottom portion of the site was overlapped, which is much more pleasing to the eye. I still do not get sound notification of new PM in any of the OSX browsers, but it works fine with the 9.xx browsers. That seems to me to be an X problem.

Change is good!

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I really like the banners too Ben. I especially like the one that shows bare-limbed trees against the sky. That is something I love about the pines, that their harsh side can be beautiful and it really sets this land apart from the sameness of the regular eastern US forests.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, the banner rotation was something I've been meaning to do for a while. I also wanted to make the site more printer friendly, so it's been cleaned up a lot.

I realized that I was trying to do too much with the site, so I've gotten rid of some of the stuff that nobody was using. So for now the main areas of the site are the forums, photo galleries, map archive, and the articles.

This summer I am going to be putting a lot of effort into writing new articles and doing a lot of exploring. It should be a great Pine Barrens summer!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I am in the process of buying something from the Historical Society records, and may have a story from it. We shall see. I just received a response from them that I submitted in December! They are backlogged they say.

Guy