New metal signs in Wharton

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
That question you just put to Guy is a little harsh. You did not mean to make it sound so incriminating, did you?
Absolutely not, it's just an expression but now I see it can be taken in a negative manner.

Guy, a call for volunteers on such a large scale cannot be intended as "private" unless the group of you that attended that last meeting consider yourselves a secret "undercover" seclusive fraternity. You mention stakeholders, are WE not ALL stakeholders? Besides, as we all know from news reports, emails along with other electronic means of communications are NOT private!
If anyone is wondering why I was waiting, I know at least one if not more members here attended the meetings and were sent the email. I was not a DIRECT recipient and the reason I was waiting for a DIRECT recipient to post. Other than "spot burning" some sensitive gps locations I thought this site is all about sharing public info.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I certainly did not take offense to it. You and I have had some great conversations over the years and I expect more to come.

As for being private, I can honestly say I did not say anything because I did not know for sure if that information was to be released. Everyone here was already informed about the signs so it should have been no surprise they were coming. It was mentioned here and displayed on the DEP website. Maybe the DEP did not want the world to know when they were going up for the safety of the Mayors and stakeholders who were involved in it. So as far as I am concerned I did nothing wrong by holding that information back.

And while somewhat on the subject ...

I make it a point to tell very little of where I am going to be in the woods until after the fact ....PBX does not tell everyone where we are going to meet and when ....and in my opinion everyone here should in reality not mention on this site where they are going to be for they own safety and the safely of others. It is not good practice to do that in my mind.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
I certainly did not take offense to it. You and I have had some great conversations over the years and I expect more to come.

As for being private, I can honestly say I did not say anything because I did not know for sure if that information was to be released.

And while somewhat on the subject ...

I make it a point to tell very little of where I am going to be in the woods until after the fact ....PBX does not tell everyone where we are going to meet and when ....and in my opinion everyone here should in reality not mention on this site where they are going to be for they own safety and the safely of others. It is not good practice to do that in my mind.
That is such a shame you have to that