New printer

I just go myself a late Christmas present, a Canon i9100 Photo printer. So far so good. It is better than my old HP PhotoSmart P1000 that's been giving me some problems. It can print borderless photos and 13" x 19" photos. You should see how great photos of the Pines look printed 13x19. The paper is expensive at 25.00 for 10 sheets but it's alot cheaper than a photo service. It has 6 separate ink cartridges so hopefully it will be more economical on ink as long as I don't print out too many 13x19's.

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is a nice gift Steve! You could charge on this site by printing out maps for us, and you could make a few bucks and pay for the printer. :wink:

Congratulations!

Guy

BorderWalker

Scout
Jun 26, 2003
Middlesex, NJ
Printers have always been my bane. I went through two that didn't even last six months without giving me problems. Granted, they were relatively low end. I recently bought a Canon MultiPASS F60 Printer/Copier/Scanner, and it's probably the best one I've had yet. It's nice that Canons actually separate the cartridges. I've heard of people buying cheap printers, using up the first round of ink cartridges, and throwing the printers away as it would be cheaper to just buy a new one rather than spend the cash on cartridges.

Have fun with the new toy, Steve. :) By the way, you might get a better deal with the paper if you can find an online retailer that sells them in rolls that you cut yourself.

--Tom

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I just got a HP Photosmart 7660 for Christmas. It's a great printer so far. I think it can do borderless photos, but the one 4x6 that I printed had a border. I don't really mind it though.

I've always had great luck with HP printers. Between this one and my Laserjet 8000DN (in my dining room) I have all my printing needs set for a while. :)

I've always been happy with HP too. My PhotoSmart P1000 was great, it just stopped working properly though. I looked at HP when I was shopping but the large format and ink cartridges swayed me to Canon. The Canon is not as quiet as the HP though.