New to this message board

Hi everybody. I am new to this message board and this is my first post.

I would like to get started exploring the Pine Barrens. My main interest will be lost towns, ruins, and remains.

I was just wondering if there was anywhere I could pick up a reference book or a map that listed the lost towns, ruins, and remains, and gave directions? Anything I could buy in a bookstore, pick up at a ranger station, or download online would be helpful. If you have any ideas, please just respond to this post. Thanks in advance!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There is a book & map called "Exploring the Pine Barrens" for sale at Buzby's in Chatsworth. It gives directions and brief overview of the more accessable ghost towns in the Pines. You'll still need 4WD to get to a lot of them though.

Thanks for the info, Bruset. This is really a nice website you have here. (You are the webmaster, aren't you?)

I was just past Buzby's this past Sunday and I can kick myself in the butt for not stopping and going inside. I'll have to see if I can make it back this weekend and pick up a copy of "Exploring the Pine Barrens."

I also just ordered a book online called "Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey" by Henry Charlton Beck.

Thanks once again,
Mark

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
mfletcher35 said:
Thanks for the info, Bruset. This is really a nice website you have here. (You are the webmaster, aren't you?)

I was just past Buzby's this past Sunday and I can kick myself in the butt for not stopping and going inside. I'll have to see if I can make it back this weekend and pick up a copy of "Exploring the Pine Barrens."

I also just ordered a book online called "Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey" by Henry Charlton Beck.

Thanks once again,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Be careful as once you start reading, you won't be able to put it down.
After reading this book, I'm sure you will be very interested in his other books.

Ken