New top menu image & colors

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
Ben,

I was wondering when you would make the change official by posting on it. I think the picture looks pretty good. It's a tad bit dark but it does make the menu items stand out more. It would probably suit an "autumn" arrangement more than a summer one, but I get tired of websites changing their image to match seasons anyway.

I wish I could be out in the Pines with you guys. When I get back from New Zealand in December, I will be sure to meet up for some wintertime events. I'm still enjoying the posts though!

Justin B.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben it looks fine. Nice!

Justin...send us some pictures from there, better yet post them in the gallery.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Actually, don't post NZ pics in the gallery. I want to keep the pics Pine Barrens related.

Justin if you want webspace, let me know and I can set you up with some to host pics/whatever off of.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The image is actually of a burned cedar swamp at Buckingham.

This is the old image:

aag.sized.jpg

This is the new one:

DSCF0010.sized.jpg

I edited the new pic in Photoshop to change it from blue to purple-ish like the first pic (which is my favorite picture -- too bad I took it with my old POS Sony camera).

Here's some more pictures of Buckingham.

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
I have Gallery set up on my php site:

http://www.pinemind.com/news.php

Click on pictures and it will take you to the Gallery.

It's an ongoing php/mysql project along with a companion to my travels in NZ. I joined the Tramping Club at the University, so I will be seeing most of the countryside and mountains come spring (October). This weekend, we are going for 2 days to learn alpine climbing and survival skills. We get a rad ice axe and crampons, should be sweet. I'll have pictures up come Monday (Sunday late night for those back in NJ).

I'll be sure to update any and everything I partake in.

Ben, thank's for the offer for the space, but I have plenty as of now because I just started this site.

Justin B.