Nice trip through Batsto...TIPS

DistantYeti

Jun 23, 2014
Looking to plan a trip through Batsto and looking for some good advice. Thinking along the lines of kayaking from Hampton Furnace to the lake. Stopping at Lower Forge to camp. I was looking to see if there were any trails close to lower forge to maybe hike a litttle bit before finishing the river trip to Batso lake. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Looking to plan a trip through Batsto and looking for some good advice. Thinking along the lines of kayaking from Hampton Furnace to the lake. Stopping at Lower Forge to camp. I was looking to see if there were any trails close to lower forge to maybe hike a litttle bit before finishing the river trip to Batso lake. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

If you want to hike a little, do what me and a few friends did 10 years ago. Put your kayak in at Atsion on the Mullica and head downstream. When you get close to being somewhat parallel to Lower Forge on the Batso, portage your canoe a mile or so to the Batsto and camp for the night. If early, you can explore the riverside by foot, but with all that carrying, you may just want to set up camp and have a nice meal. In the morning head downstream to Batsto.

DistantYeti

Jun 23, 2014
I like that idea.... how about the portage from mullica hill camp to the Batsto? any idea how long that might be?