NJ bag ban causing more plastic use

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Didn't realize there was a difference - Joe Canals. Think I've seen it at another store too, but this one definitely has the strict policy, was carded there within the past month

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I didn’t get carded when I went to Canals, although the cashier did ask me this strange question about what it was like going to the dentist before they had novocaine.
Are you serious, he said that? Was it in jest because you know him, or are you just joking.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There's a bar by me that cards everyone regardless of how old they are. I guess it's probably easier and doesn't open them up to as much liability as if they let it up to the person at the door's discretion.

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
Are you serious, he said that? Was it in jest because you know him, or are you just joking.
No, I’m joking. That didn’t actually happen. :D I wouldn’t be insulted if I did get carded. I’d be flattered actually. I do get people who ask me if I need help lifting things. And a couple people finish my sentences before I do. That’s a little insulting because I know they’re only doing that because they think I’m old.lol

Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No, I’m joking. That didn’t actually happen. :D I wouldn’t be insulted if I did get carded. I’d be flattered actually. I do get people who ask me if I need help lifting things. And a couple people finish my sentences before I do. That’s a little insulting because I know they’re only doing that because they think I’m old.lol
A couple months ago I got a meatball sandwich at Wawa. The guy hands it to me, and I thank him. He says: "sure Pop". I was devastated.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Being in my early 60's, I can handle most of those greetings and salutations, with the exception of when being called DUDE. I hate it with a passion. I don't need some punk-a** kid (which is the label that 1st comes to mind in my head) disrespectfully referring to me as DUDE.

Rant off, sorry.

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
A couple months ago I got a meatball sandwich at Wawa. The guy hands it to me, and I thank him. He says: "sure Pop". I was devastated.
That made me laugh because a friend of mine turned 60 recently and he said to me, ”Well it finally happened. I was taking a delivery at the store and when I started to grab for a box to bring inside the twenty something delivery driver say to me, I got that, Pops. Can you believe that damn kid called me Pops?”

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That made me laugh because a friend of mine turned 60 recently and he said to me, ”Well it finally happened. I was taking a delivery at the store and when I started to grab for a box to bring inside the twenty something delivery driver say to me, I got that, Pops. Can you believe that damn kid called me Pops?”
Tell your friend yeah, I can believe it. :p

I had a guy younger than me at work on my team who was a thorn in my side at all the meetings. When he had a point to make, and thought he was right (which was always), he'd say: "You NEED to understand what I'm telling you. He always emphasized the word 'need'. I wanted to reach across and slug him.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Wagner said the claim doesn’t match up with previous research

Am I missing something? They claim the industry study is flawed but not a single fact to support it... Couldn’t they at least link to whatever previous research they are speaking of?

On a similar topic I watched a piece about how the fuel industry is on a push for increased plastic production with the lower expected fuel demand.