NJDEP Illegal Dumping Survey

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Speaking of illegal dumping, I called the DEP last weekend because of the four bagster dumpsters that were dropped beside Mt. Misery Road and all of the debris that is still alongside the water crossing. I can't believe they didn't get caught dumping bags filled with that much garbage there. It took some effort and a truck to accomplish the feat. Stafford use to be the dirtiest, but that short section of road has now taken the title.

- I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread so early but it seemed appropriate to vent.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Gibby, the bagsters were part of a clean up at BTB last weekend. On Monday morning the service that donated them returned to pick them up. The weekend haul at BTB was a 30 yd. dumpster and 20-30 bagsters (they ran out). At Wharton the haul was 2 dumpsters. I agree with your comment about Mt. Misery Rd.

Received this today from NJDEP.
It certainly can't hurt to fill it out. Maybe we will see some change down the line.

The survey is being used as a baseline tool to see how effective the upcoming illegal dumping initiative works. There is great hope that the public will notice some significant changes and hear about the progress.... fingers crossed.

Terry

Reactions: Gibby

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The results are interesting. However, I don't want to criticize anyone in particular but they need to review those questions and get up to speed with them. I suspect the persons involved don't spend much time in the woods.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
I was part of the BTB clean-up last weekend. We filled the 30 yd open top fairly quickly and gathered another 20 yds or so and piled it up nearby for a loader to pick up later in the week. It was a shame they didn't order a second for that area. We could have filled it to capacity with ease.

Took the survey. Thanx for posting it, Scott.

John-