NJDEP iMAP 1930 Aerial Photobase Now Available

It can’t hurt, Guy, it can’t hurt!

I would encourage anyone who uses the iMap site and encounters the same problem with image pixelation, that you also write an email to DEP requesting they scan the original glass-plate negatives instead of the screened ones. AFAIK, I don’t think we are talking about a Homeland Security situation here. But, then again, who knows! In order to access ANY aerial photos of the State of Delaware at the State Archives, you must submit your request in writing, have the letter and a photocopy of your driver’s license notarized and then wait for their permission to view the images. And this includes photographs taken in the 1920s and 1930s! Amazing!! Simply amazing!! :bang:

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jerseyman,

I wrote Larry Thornton and asked him to make available the full quality glass plate negatives on the iMap site and DVD. For those of you who are also interested in this you can contact them using the info on the iMap site.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/gis/depcontact.htm

Lets try to get as many emails to him as possible. We are not asking for anything special, just full quality maps that the residents of this state paid for all those years ago.

Guy

Jerseyman,

I wrote Larry Thornton and asked him to make available the full quality glass plate negatives on the iMap site and DVD. For those of you who are also interested in this you can contact them using the info on the iMap site.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/gis/depcontact.htm

Lets try to get as many emails to him as possible. We are not asking for anything special, just full quality maps that the residents of this state paid for all those years ago.

Guy

Guy:

Thanks for this information! I will be very interested to learn of his response to your inquiry and whether he has a sense of what you are referring to. Let me know what he says. Meanwhile, keep sending in those cards and letters, kids!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman