NJPineBarrens.com in 2011

mceb

For my personal photos I went with SmugMug. It costs $40 a year but it seemed worth it to get all the features and unlimited space.

BTW, phpbb has come a long way since V2 but agree the paid solutions are usually better.

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
Wow...sorry to hear that! I back all my info up and for a while I was also keeping copies at another location other than my home.

Guy

We used to back up our stuff, but perhaps a year ago we dumped some old hardware, fully intending to replace everything, and blah blah blah..... didn't. I try not to think about what else was on there besides my extensive birding shots, road trip photos, pets, family- basically MY LIFE for the past few years. Good grief.

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
There are services like Carbonite and Mozy that will let you do online backups to the cloud for some ridiculously cheap amount of money.

I will definitely look into that, Ben. I had no idea such a thing existed! I'm so behind the times when it comes to this stuff, it's pitiful. Thank you for that!!

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I just added a bunch of stuff to the calendar. Some that I had gotten from the event calendar for the state parks and others I got from various postings online. I will keep my eyes out for more and post as I get it. If anyone wants to add something that they feel belongs on the calendar and doesn't feel like taking the time adding it, shoot me a PM and I will research and add it for you.

I love the idea of having the calendar on the site. I hope others begin adding stuff as well.

Ben, I didn't really get into looking at the specifics of the calendar. Is there a way to get an automatic notification via email when something is added? We use it at SJG and I love it because a lot of people don't take the time to check it on a regular basis and prefer to get the email.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I'm not sure, but I probably would not get too attached to the calendar as it is, as it's very likely that the forum software will change, in which case there will be some new calendar app that will be used instead. (And likely tied in with the front page instead of the forums.)